I un-retired the S/R for the weekend. My wife and I went on a short vacation to Bossier City, LA. The Red River Region was having an autocross. We just could not get all of our luggage in the Miata, so out came the S/R. It has lots of room and is still fun to drive.

The club is great. Registration started at 9 AM and the fee was $15. We had three runs on the morning course, a lunch break, then three runs on a different course in the afternoon. Each course was about 62 seconds long for me. We were out of there by 3:15. And, it did not rain. I had fun.

Well, I was rusty in the S/R. I was third of three in GS. Jeff S. in his ’07 MINI beat me by about 11 seconds on the day. Jeff is just fast, and Jeff in the ’07 MINI is really fast. His co-driver placed second. And, Jean S. in GSL had a faster time than mine.

I was 12th in PAX out of 30, I coned away 11th place. And I was 17th of 30 in raw time and that cone cost me 15th in raw time. There were some people that ran in the morning and not the afternoon, a BM that never completed a run, and a 300ZX that failed tech for a loose battery, loose fuel filter and a missing lug nut.