Thread: Opininons needed.

Default Opininons needed.

Well i awoke to my sister jamming the house phone in to my face saying it's the Fort Worth Police. I answer Hello? Yes this is Sergeant ____ How are you doing? I replied I'm doing fine how about you? Not bad, Where are you? I'm at home? Well you do know you had an oral review scheduled at 11am? I glanced at my clock quickly and it read 11:30 and replied No I did not. When was the last time you spoke with your investigator and which one do you have? I have investigator Matthews and last time we spoke was over three weeks ago. O well we will re schedule you another review. Thanks. Have a nice day.

The blue text is the sergeant, i was just trying to make it a little easier to follow the conversation. Well some information, I am in the process of trying to become a police officer. With how many steps and hoops you have to jump through I understand now why they are low on officers but do realize they are just trying to get the best person they can. I was being messed with earlier in the process and have had to try harder than other applicants because i believe they are till a little annoyed i had to quit their cadet program. The opinions now needed are for the following question. Am i still getting messed with?

Possibly, but it could just be a communication error. I'd just see how the rescheduling works out.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Well when she said re schedule i was relieved. People make mistakes. It's not worth getting mad at someone or trying to blame someone. I was just wondering since i had to redo the first interview because the investigator didn't know how to say a few names on my references and said "I can't read this, you need to redo it" and also asked me to quit 4 times. There have been many things lost etc. A lot of the officers said the investigator did the same thing to their fellow applicants at the the time.

So when is the next review? Did ya plug it in your calender yet.

Hang in there. I don't think you are being messed with, it's just the bureaucratic run-around. Don't take it personally.
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

One of the other mods will be kind enough to link to the Alligator Hide post... but they're making sure you have one.

You'll need it to do the job, and it'll save them a lot of trouble and you a lot of grief if you've got it before they hire you.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    One of the other mods will be kind enough to link to the Alligator Hide post... but they're making sure you have one.
    OK... here's the ALLIGATOR HIDE POST
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    Hang in there. I don't think you are being messed with, it's just the bureaucratic run-around. Don't take it personally.
    Yea i heard that when i was becoming a cadet too. The process took about 6 months to get in. Mind you that had 3 less tests.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post

You'll need it to do the job, and it'll save them a lot of trouble and you a lot of grief if you've got it before they hire you.
    From what I've seen riding out with other officers and talking to them, you do need one.

During my cadet interview they just tried to make me angry the whole time and they twisted my words. They called me back for a second interview and i told them what for all you try to do is make me mad, why do i want to go sit with you for another hour? I got hired but was sent to traffic for a few months to try and make me angry doing monotonous work. Also with a supervisor who misinterpreted a few things and tried to get me fired. I got transferred to the training division to work with the higher supervisors and they loved me.

Just got the call, Interview on my Birthday July 17, 9:30AM

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Happy Birthday
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    I got transferred to the training division to work with the higher supervisors and they loved me.
    Allllllrighty then

Good luck. I was planning to be a cop for a while but changed my mind.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Good luck. I was planning to be a cop for a while but changed my mind.
    Couldn't pass the psych eval?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

For no reason.

09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Damned "don't ask, don't tell".

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Damned "don't ask, don't tell".

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    And the Metroplex collectively sighed in relief...
    This was before I moved
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata