Thread: JDM Import Parts?

Default JDM Import Parts?

Anyone has any experience in using those JDM import parts from EBay? I have a Millenia S with a broken transmission. The shop can not find parts to rebuild it or have to buy another broken used unit and salvage parts from it to do the rebuild = $$$$. I have located several of them on Eaby. They all say have 40-60K on the clock. Do you think this OK way to get the part?

Thanks!
    Gabriel

One of those ebay dealers is located here in Dallas off of Irving road, IIRC. try calling them up.

Try Eric Japan motors.

Most junk yards will give you a little warrenty, 30-90 days usually.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Second for Jimmy at Eric Japan. 972-272-4186

I have an account FL that does mass auto parts recycling let me know if you're interested in their contact info
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I have an account FL that does mass auto parts recycling let me know if you're interested in their contact info
    Nice to know you have connection. I picked up one from a place in Richardson that Radio-Active told me. Paid $380 for the complete transmission and not have to pay shipping. I guess it is as TCB as I can get. Just knock on wood that it works. I called Jimmy at Eric Japan, but wants $500.

Did anyone of you ever buy anything like this?
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Nice to know you have connection. I picked up one from a place in Richardson that Radio-Active told me. Paid $380 for the complete transmission and not have to pay shipping. I guess it is as TCB as I can get. Just knock on wood that it works. I called Jimmy at Eric Japan, but wants $500.

Glad to hear you found one at a very reasonable price. My friend just picked up a used M3 engine from some parts recyclers in the northeast and it turned out to work just fine so far.

If you haven't already I would highly suggest changing the fluid before putting it in.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Yes,

I have on my old 1980 Mitsubishi/Dodge Challenger. I never had any issues with it and probably put 60,000 more mile on the car before the engine went. I intended on rebuilding the engine, but never got around to it.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Picked up the car on Fri evening. It was a plug and play and no issue so far! I seems to work OK. Only time will tell. I also have the shop put in new fluid since there is no way to tell how long it has been siting on the shelf.

It is nice to know that there is a shop in the area to get JDM import parts w/o paying $$ for shipping. It would have been an extra $150 to $175 to ship from Cal!

Thanks for all the help!
    Gabriel