Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lone Star BMW CCA Autocross #6 at Grayson County Airport (8/11/07)

Oh, and the "A" on the map is not where the McDonald's is, its right at the offramp from 82.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Forecast high for Denison tomorrow is 100 degrees. Y'all be careful out there!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Wow, I'm glad to be home. The heat really kicks my butt.

The day started with a 30 minute delay at McD's because a boy scout troop happened to get in line ahead of some of us. Then, my first impression of Grayson County Airport was not good and neither was my impression of the BMW club. The club redeemed themselves by buying lunch. That's the only thing good that happened today.

Now that I've tried it once, I'll never go back. BMW club and Grayson both are not worth wasting my time on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    Wow, I'm glad to be home. The heat really kicks my butt.

The day started with a 30 minute delay at McD's because a boy scout troop happened to get in line ahead of some of us. Then, my first impression of Grayson County Airport was not good and neither was my impression of the BMW club. The club redeemed themselves by buying lunch. That's the only thing good that happened today.

Now that I've tried it once, I'll never go back. BMW club and Grayson both are not worth wasting my time on.
    Thats too bad.. Care to expand on what you didn't like about the site and what you didn't like about how they ran the event?

I didn't like the site much either. Lots of gravel, and two major speed bumps. The heat did suck, the only reason i stayed for the last 4 runs was because Jerrett told me not to be a .
    Last edited by aalvarez04; 08-11-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    ...the only reason i stayed for the last 4 runs was because Jerrett told me not to be a .
    I still can't believe that worked!

The site is very limited on course layout. It is like the TMS roadcourse where you can only have slaloms and a few chicanes because it is a T made of two runways. I think one slalom was 10 cones! I actually kind of liked the slaloms, but I do not know if I will go to that site again.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

It was hot. The site is in the middle of nowhere. Lots of grass and weeds growing up in the cracks in the tarmac. First gear corner and 3rd gear rev limiter twice. Not much paddock room. Runway breaking up in several places. The 85 cone slalom, jrj512 thinks it was only ten. Funny hook on the end of one of the 180* turns. The speed bumps. Low turnout, so workers spread thin on a long course.

But, it was close to my home. It was the best autocross that I attended today.
    Last edited by cone-cerned; 08-11-2007 at 08:02 PM.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Results were emailed to me, Jrj512 took the win in X, followed by Apex2Apex, the MR2 guy, then Darron, Gabby, Christoper, Andrew, Doug, 914 guy.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12