Thread: motor rebuilder

Default motor rebuilder

My 99 has poor cylnder pressure. Does anyone know of a good, good, GOOD motor rebuilder in the DFW area?

I am not sure of the extent of the rebuild as I could not detect at this time if its my rings.. or valves,

These days it seems honest is as good as knowledge.

thanks,

Buck Reynolds

10AE FFS CS

Have ya talked to Steven at Miata Solutions??

Or John Day?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I bought a motor off the internet. Come to find out, motor was shit.

I got my money back. Big lesson learned if you are gonna buy a used motor and they swear the motor has good leak down / compression numbers with a tight crank play.... CHECK IT YOUR SELF ANYWAY. Could you imagine if I took this guy's word for it... installed the motor and blower and then find out the engine was crap....? I would have been singing the blues

HOw do you also get hold of this John Day fella please ? I will call Steven.

thanks

Buck

Depending on how long that motor had set still, it is possible the guy was telling the truth. After running a whille, the compression will usually come back up on a motor that has sat for a long while not being used.

Also you might want to check your compression after shooting a little oil in each of the cylinders to see if it's the rings or head.

You might also try this:

If you order it from them, get a couple of cans of the Areo Kroil as well. it is an excellent penetrating lube, the best I have found IMHO.

Linkie:
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica