Thread: Need Two wheels for 01 Miata...

Default Need Two wheels for 01 Miata...

Need two 16" wheels (no tires needed) from stock 2001 Miata...anyone know where I might find some? tHanks!
    What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about???

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I have 2 around here, but you don't want them. The centers aint in the center. I can tell you where to NOT buy wheels: Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas. I ended up replacing them from an online wheel wholesaler. Try Mazda Heaven yet?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    I have 2 around here, but you don't want them. The centers aint in the center. I can tell you where to NOT buy wheels: Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas. I ended up replacing them from an online wheel wholesaler. Try Mazda Heaven yet?
    I don't believe I ever heard that story. Do tell!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Thread Drift ON

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I don't believe I ever heard that story. Do tell!
    Long story and POS tells it better than me. This all happened in 02 when there weren't many 16's to be had...

I bought 4 used wheels - slight rash on two - guaranteed to be good by a highly recommended used wheel dealer. I had tires mounted on them for AX and went to the next event.

After the first run, I knew there was a problem. POS and I looked at them and couldn't find a problem, so I headed back to the trailer to change wheels. I pulled out of my grid spot and went about 30 feet before POS started screaming "Stop!!!" He runs up to the car and says "let me drive the car and you watch." Two of the wheels (LF & RR IIRC) looked like Weebles - they wobbled, but they wouldn't fall off.

I took them back to the highly recommended used wheel dealer and he said he didn't have anymore, but he would have them straightened. I picked them up a week later and took them to have the tires remounted. The gentleman running the balancing machine didn't speak much English, but he got me to watch the tire/wheel on the balancing machine and it looked like a cam instead of a wheel. In straightening the bent wheels, they had moved the center about 1/2 closer to the rim on one side than the other.

I took them back to the highly recommended used wheel dealer and he said he already had more money in the wheels than I paid for all 4. He was done.

I bought two more wheels from the online place for what I'd paid for the first 4.

The term "highly recommended used wheel dealer" refers to a used and new wheel place on Harry Hines. I don't want to remember the name. He was recommended by the same who told me 44 psi was a good starting pressure for OEM tires on the TMS Road Course for my first ever DE. The second time he fooled me was entirely my fault

Thread Drift OFF Please return to your regularly scheduled thread. Sorry for the interruption...
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

No story other than I curbed mine about 2 yrs ago and I finally need to get one replaced...Another is questionable so I thought I'd buy two if I can find them...thanks for the lead on Miata Heaven!

I can tell you where to NOT buy wheels: Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas.
    Why would buy anything there? You may got picked up for buying sXX!
    Gabriel

Default Still Trying...

Anyone have a good lead on a salvage yard that might have some 16's laying around?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Try Mazda Heaven yet?
    Yea what he said.

Mazda-Nissan Heaven.
    6711 Oakcrest Dr.
    Ft. Worth TX 76140.
    817-563-2277

Wow I peeked at Wheel America's website they want $175.00 each for the OEM 16 wheel!

Seems a bit high to me.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Wow I peeked at Wheel America's website they want $175.00 each for the OEM 16 wheel!

Seems a bit high to me.
    Wow! For that kind of money, I have EIGHT for sale...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Chassis Designer

I have 4 for sale.

Chassis Designer

PM sent

Default Got the wheels refurb'd!

Guys, thanks for all the help on finding me a couple of new wheels...in the end I took my baby to Wheel Repair Solutions in Carrolton and they refurb'd both existing wheels for a really reasonable price. Not only did they straighten the wheels and align 'er when they were done, they removed all the road rash and left 'em looking new! Kudos to those guys! Cheers!

How 'bout some contact info for those of us too lazy to go look it up.

While yer at it, how long did it take?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Yup!!! Details! Cost?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Default Details...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Yup!!! Details! Cost?
    Cost was a flat $120.00 per wheel...cheaper than new and easier to have it done...took less than 24 hrs...Contact Wade at 972-242-6700

http://www.wheelrepairsolutions.com/