Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Titus's Se7en , Chapter 1

Default Titus's Se7en , Chapter 1

I began my journey toward owning a Locost Se7en today when Boisking and I towed home Chucka's Mom's totaled 96M. THANKS BO!!! The car is now sitting behind my Farther-in-law's shop where it will live out it's final days. Over the next several months, I will be dismantling it part by part. The drivetrain, wiring, hubs, uprights, and brakes will be cleaned up and set aside for the Se7en build while the remaining parts will be sold off. I will post pictures of parts available in the classified section as the come off, but feel free to PM me if you want to be first in line for the nearly new tan cloth top with glass window, the M Wheels, or any of the front body panels. I didn't get any pictures today, but I will try to remember to take the camera with me next weekend when I start taking things a part. For now, here is a picture Chucka posted of the damage it sustained.

Talking

Cool!

How long to ya figure it will take to build your car??

What kit are you getting??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Cool!

How long to ya figure it will take to build your car??

What kit are you getting??
    I figure I can get the car up and running with in a year of ordering the kit. The question will be if I am able to swing the order next spring, or if it will have to wait till spring of '09. Lots of unexpected expenses have slowed things down a little so we will see.

As for the kit, my plan right now is to go with the Deman SR7. Some pics that they emailed me of the Miata based kit are below. If the exchange rate improves, I may reconsider the Westfield, but as for know it is out of my acceptable price range.

Attached Images Attached Images

Good luck, +1 on round headlights. I hope the exchange rate gets better, I like the looks of the Locost and Westfield better.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Sounds cool, be sure and let us know when you are doing some big work on the car. I would love to come help out.

Totaled? Are you serious? The car Brian and I picked up from a friend in Detroit was 10X worse than that picture and still drove great and is being fixed!

That looks like minor damage going just by that picture!

If it is totaled then I want the power mirrors!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

That'll be a sweet ride!

...especially with round headlights...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

go to the Sevens Festival on Sat Oct 20

while most of those cars use something other than Miata, they will have insights into things to do or to avoid

talk to Bernie Long, the chairman of the event

he researched long and hard before he decided on a Birkin kit

PM me and I'll give you his email addy
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Sounds cool, be sure and let us know when you are doing some big work on the car. I would love to come help out.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post
    go to the Sevens Festival on Sat Oct 20

while most of those cars use something other than Miata, they will have insights into things to do or to avoid

talk to Bernie Long, the chairman of the event

he researched long and hard before he decided on a Birkin kit

PM me and I'll give you his email addy
    Thanks Neal... I have actually already met Bernie and found myself drooling all over his car. I have been hanging out on a few of the Seven boards soaking in everything I can, and I already talked to Bernie about tagging along with them to the car show they will be attending on the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Also, go for the round headlights... the squares look strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Good luck, +1 on round headlights. I hope the exchange rate gets better, I like the looks of the Locost and Westfield better.
    The headlights are available in round or square. Here are some pics of another Deman with round lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    +1
    Don't worry.. I'm sure there will be plenty of calls for help!

I like the looks of that one better! Nice, Really nice!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    The headlights are available in round or square. Here are some pics of another Deman with round lights.
    Mmmm, tasty!
    '96 M-edition

Those are some nice Panasport G7s..

I vote for ya gettin some of those too

Quote Originally Posted by JDMClassic View Post

Those are some nice Panasport G7s..

I vote for ya gettin some of those too
    Yeah.. They said they are 16" 3 piece C8s, and they have them on both the blue and orange cars. They are a $2300 option. They are very nice, but I have something a little different in mind.

Great looking car.........good luck with your project and give me a shout if I can help with anything.

what's strange is that i have never seen one of these on the road, but today on i30 i saw a red one on a flat bed trailer. looked great!!!

i'm glad my old car is going to turn into something like that. but it does make me sad to see it get parted out.

i hope everything goes great with it. and you owe me a ride in the new one whenever it's done.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

Quote Originally Posted by chucka View Post
    what's strange is that i have never seen one of these on the road, but today on i30 i saw a red one on a flat bed trailer. looked great!!!

i'm glad my old car is going to turn into something like that. but it does make me sad to see it get parted out.

i hope everything goes great with it. and you owe me a ride in the new one whenever it's done.
    Done! It is very possible that you saw Bernie Long's Birkin that nealb referred to above. Did it look like this:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast