Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NTS2KOC #4, Sept 29, 2007 - Mineral Wells

Default NTS2KOC #4, Sept 29, 2007 - Mineral Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Temming
    OK guys, it's time for autocross #4. The weather of course will be great.

What: NTS2KOC 2007 Championship Autocross #4
    When: Saturday September 29, 2007
    Where: Mineral Wells, TX - Click for Map
    Registration opens Friday, Sept. 14th: On-line registration is required and will be limited to 55 drivers. Click Here to Register. First-come, first-served. Given we are encouraging S2000 owners to come out, there is no cap for S2000 participants. If you sign-up and find that you can't make it for some reason, please cancel on-line asap so others can have the opportunity to sign-up.

The details…

A. REGISTRATION:

1. Pre-Registration for NTS2KOC Autocrosses is required and can be accessed on-line at www.dlbracing.com/clubs/s2000. Registration will be capped at 55 drivers. Drivers who register in the competition class S2000 or S2000 R will not be subject to the cap. On-line registration for each event will commence at 12 AM on the Friday two weeks prior to the event and will subsequently close at 11 PM on the Thursday prior to the event. Registration for the event will generally not be available on site.
    2. Membership in the NTS2KOC is required and can be purchased at the timing tent. The cost of an annual Associate Membership is $10 -or- Regular Membership is $35. Membership is required for insurance purposes.
    3. The cost for each event is $30. There is a $5 discount for NTS2KOC club "Regular Membership". Membership applications will be available at the registration desk.
    4. If you paid for our 1st event in February, that payment can be applied to either of these events or the June 23rd event but not an event later in the year. If you purchased a season pass at our 1st event, you are set for the season.
    5. Licensed minors 16 years and older may participate in the event only with written parental consent. If the parent will not be not on site, confirmation of permission must be made prior to participation by contacting the track events coordinator. Minors under 16 may only ride in a vehicle owned and driven by their parent during fun runs (if conducted).
    6. All persons present at the event must sign a release waiver. Minors (under 1 must have waiver signed by parent or guardian.

B. COMPETITION FORMAT & SCHEDULE

1. The schedule is as follows:
    Saturday
    6:45am – Course Setup
    7:30-9:30am – Registration & Car Prep/Tech
    9:30am – Driver’s Meeting
    9:45am – Parade Lap
    10:00am – Session Begins
    Noon-1:00pm – Break for Lunch
    1:00pm – Session Begins
    Following afternoon session – Fun Runs
    4:15 - Dinner & Car Talk (Catered dinner for those driving both days-paid for by club)

2. The day will be divided into four sessions, drive two and work two, with each driver completing 4 timed runs per session totaling 8 runs per event.
    3. Drivers and passengers must wear seat belts and helmets while on the aut cross course.
    4. Instructors are available. Please request an instructor at the registration desk.
    5. If you are not driving a particular session, you will be working. Work categories include timing/scoring, grid, instructing, and corner working.
    6. An entrant may only compete and earn points in one class per event.

C. EVENT SCORING SYSTEM & CAR CLASSIFICATION:

1. Every car whose driver completes all required corner work duties is eligible to receive scoring points according to the time standing in the driver’s class. A driver is allowed to receive points in only one class and one position per event. Points will be scored as follows:

Position Points per Class:
    9 points- First place
    6 points- Second place
    4 points- Third place
    3 points- Fourth place
    2 points- Fifth place
    1 point – Sixth place and all other participants in class

2. The club will award points during each of the six autocross with a final championship trophy being awarded at the end of the season. Awards will be presented at the NTS2KOC December Holiday party. Trophies will be presented to competitors who have attended at least four events in the same class. Only the best four finishes for each driver will count towards the points total. If a driver changes classes during the season, any points accumulated in a given class will remain with that class and cannot be combined with points in any other class. In the event of a position points tie at the end of the year in a particular class, each driver’s best times from all events in which the tying competitors both competed will be added up and the lowest aggregate time will determine the winner of that position.
    3. Cars will be divided into several classes to provide reasonable competition. The default classes are S2000, S2000 R, Open, and Open R (with the differentiation being R-compound tire choice). Miata and Miata R will also be offered. Classification of other models will be based on attendance. A quota of at least four of a particular model is required for points to be awarded at an event. In order for a championship to be awarded, at least five of the events need to meet the quota. All models that do not form a class may compete for the championship in the Open classes

Who's in?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm in.

Hmmmm... I wonder what the weather will be like.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Hmmmm... I wonder what the weather will be like.
    I hoped I'd never be the one to say it

I'm in.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm in.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I'll be there.

Y'all have fun. I'll be driving back from Nationals.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Y'all have fun. I'll be driving back from Nationals.
    With your National Championship trophy, right?

SpinOutF500

'07 FM F500

I am in!
    Gabriel

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I'm out - Dad's birthday
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    I'm out - Dad's birthday
    What better way to celebrate than on a hot tarmac in Mineral Wells?!?! Bring him along.

I will be there as well.....

gonna try not to spin on the first lap this time
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

I'm in. Might as well get a few more runs on the old Kumhos before I put the new ones on...
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm out. I have family from out of town coming for the weekend.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

A assume we will be meeting for breakfast as the Golden Arches Cafe at 7 AM?

For any newbies, it is at the Ranch House Rd exit off I-20 (exit 41.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    A assume we will be meeting for breakfast as the Golden Arches Cafe at 7 AM?

For any newbies, it is at the Ranch House Rd exit off I-20 (exit 41.

Thanks for the directions and see you there. I was reading up about the event and 4 runs in the am and 4 runs in the pm. makes this the best one I have been to yet.

jrj512 if you don't mind, I would like to walk the track with you this time. The amateur course-walk happened earlier than I thought and I missed ya
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    jrj512 if you don't mind, I would like to walk the track with you this time. The amateur course-walk happened earlier than I thought and I missed ya
    No prob. Plus, with 8 runs, people (inluding myself) are a lot more open to others riding with along, so feel free to jump in for a run or two. I see Jim Harris will be there in his red Evo -- that's a wild ride, but bring along an air sickness bag.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I know your new so I thought I'd let you in on a secret. No matter what jrj512 says, holding hands and skipping is not the way the "cool kids" do a course walk.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I know your new so I thought I'd let you in on a secret. No matter what jrj512 says, holding hands and skipping is not the way the "cool kids" do a course walk.

And if you ride in his car, or he rides in yours, put a plastic garbage bag over the seat.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast