Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys need help real quick

Default Hey guys need help real quick

I need to pick up some red line synthetic gear lube today anyone know where i can pick it up in either carrolton or in Irving.
    The Kid

thanks man i owe you one
    The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by 2002FMIIMiataLS
    thanks man i owe you one
    Gee maybe us old guys aren't all that bad are we sonny! :P

What ya got planned with that Red Line???

Hum ok does anyone know the adress to the porsche performance shop in denton. They have it but they arent on the site. anyone know where it is.
    The Kid

Never heard of the Porsche Place in Denton. Now there is Zim's in Bedford. Also Speedtek may have what you need.

Moved this post to Parts is Parts

lol you misunderstand me i think you "old" guys are great i mean hell you tolerate me. I'm gonna change out my tranny and differential oil tonight. One of my friends at work just did it and said its awesome and i have a little extra money laying around. so i'm gonna go do it.
    The Kid

You got a 5-speed or a 6-speed?

I wasn't that impressed with the Redline fluids when I tried them. Not to mention that they're more expensive and hard to locate.

FWIW, I've been using Mobil 1 75w90 synthetic gear oil in both the diff and the tranny for almost two years now, and I like it much better than Redline. You can pick up the Mobil 1 gear oil in almost any Pep Boys or AutoZone, or equivalent parts store.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

i have a 5 speed, and if i cant find the redline then i will buy the mobil 1 but i have too do it today or i probably will never do it
    The Kid

If it's HYPOID gear sauce you want, the Mobil 1 stuff is great. You can even compare it to your buddy's gear sauce and save a couple of bucks.

On the other hand, if the Miata uses ATF or lightweight motor oil in the tranny, you might wanna consider using a good 4 stroke motorcycle oil.

I've used Silkolene 0w50 synthetic race sauce in my race bikes for years. No failures at up to 14,000 rpm, and since the tranny, clutch, crank and top end all get the same life saving elixir, motorcycle oils come with all the shear additives of a good gear lube.

The trouble with moto-sauce is expense. Most of them average about $9.50+ a quart.
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

I'm thinking about doing this myself... Iain, you suppose that Mobil1 is good for a 92 (47k-ish) miles?
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    I'm thinking about doing this myself... Iain, you suppose that Mobil1 is good for a 92 (47k-ish) miles?
    Mobil One works great in my '92 with 155,000 miles!

lol ok now where is an auto zone i'm so lost around here anyone know where one is close to irving. or lewisville or somewhere. I got lost for an hour looking for that damn perfomance store so screw red line.
    The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by 2002FMIIMiataLS
    lol ok now where is an auto zone i'm so lost around here anyone know where one is close to irving. or lewisville or somewhere. I got lost for an hour looking for that damn perfomance store so screw red line.
    Try looking it up on line sparky! Damn you want one of us to come pick you up also!

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...ayStoreLocator

I've had bad experiences with Mobil 1. It made my tranny grind and crunch more than I thought was acceptable. Same thing on a few of my friend's Miatas as well. I've used Castrol Syntec w/ good results though.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

My 92 Black & Tan was so awful to shift that Robin wouldn't drive it.

I replaced the tranny & diff fluid with Mobil 1 and it shifts like new.

The VatoZone in Lewisville is on FM1171 (AKA: Main Street) just about 3 or so lights West of I-35E (behind the Burger King - can't miss that place)

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

realy you would come pick me up i feel so loved lol i found it though. thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by fueg0
    realy you would come pick me up i feel so loved lol i found it though. thanks anyways
    Who are you Fuego the artist formally known as 2002FMIIMiataLS

I wish I was sporting an FMII Setup...

nice renault... I get that alot from this sn

I'm a newbie to this forum. I found it from a friend earlier this week.

Last night we were switching the tranny/diff fluid to RedLine & I couldn't figure out how to get the 2002 console out. evidently there's been some changes to the console, and I still don't know how to get to the phillips head screw that's under one of the cupholders that's right behind the shifter boot.

thanks for the quick replies last night.

--fueg0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast