Thread: If you autocross and have GEICO insurance, you need to read this

Default If you autocross and have GEICO insurance, you need to read this

----> Linkie <----

This is a warning to everyone.

I just got off the phone with my insurance company (Geico) and they informed me that as of the end of the month my insurance policy is being cancelled. Why might you ask I haven't had an accident. No moving violations in several years.

The answer:

"We have found out that you have participated in time trial events."

I tried to reason with the lady, and explain to her that I haven't even autocrossed with my Subaru (the car I have insured with them) and that the SCCA has their own liability insurance for their events. She told me it didn't matter there was nothing she could do and that it was final as of 12:01 AM Jan. 28 2008 I would no longer be covered.

I guess they searched results on the internet and found my name. I have heard of this being a problem with warranties in the past but after 4 years of autocrossing with my other company (Liberty Mutual) I had never had a problem.

So I am writing here to warn all of you that if you have Geico, cancel your policy now. They do not respect us for what we do, and therefore I believe do not deserve a single dime from anyone.
    I've never had Geico, and I'm glad. If you do, you might want to take a look at an alternate carrier. Don't support companies that unfairly penalize enthusiasts who are pursuing perfectly legal activities.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I use Safeco... I'm guessing they're too lazy to look up my name, but they sure are cheap
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Their rates suck anyway.

They tried to tell me how bad my insurance company was and how I'd be better off spending $180 more every 6 months to switch to them.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Had Geico, switched to Amica for home and auto and couldn't be happier. I've never been stuck wading through an electronic menu with Amica and they are by far the nicest/most helpful customer reps I've dealt with (in any business).
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Ironic- the Geico ad at the bottom of this page.....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Had Geico, switched to Amica for home and auto and couldn't be happier. I've never been stuck wading through an electronic menu with Amica and they are by far the nicest/most helpful customer reps I've dealt with (in any business).
    This commercial message has been brought to you by Amica!

Amica - How can we help you!

GEICO cancelled on me when I moved to New Jersey. On second thought, maybe they had a point.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster