Thread: Any Good Places to Live South of FW? Need Help ASAP!!

Default Any Good Places to Live South of FW? Need Help ASAP!!

Hello Forum members,
    Got a promotion and will be moving, QUICK. I wanted to get ya'lls opinion of the different towns located on/near I-35 from Hillsboro to Fort Worth. I have not ever been in that area. Anybody think certain towns are better than others? Why? Is real estate reasonsable? Any real estate agents known? Any and all opinions and help are much appreciated!!
    TIA,
    Alan

Wow that's a 50 mile stretch of road.

Where is your job at, headed into Downtown Ft. Worth from the southside of town can be time consuming, heck it can be a PITA from the northside.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Wow that's a 50 mile stretch of road.

Where is your job at, headed into Downtown Ft. Worth from the southside of town can be time consuming, heck it can be a PITA from the northside.
    Pharm sales (legal kind). My territory is from Cleburne down to Killeen and about 75 miles east and west of I35. My wife will work in the FW area.

Midlothian, Waxahachie, both are right off of HWY 287 that will take you right to downtown Ft. Worth and is also close to I35w and e. Not to mention you'd be pretty close to some good back road rides out there :-D
    Blah blah blah!

Check tax rates between Tarrant County and Johnson County, I have heard it's cheaper to live in Johnson County tax wise.

YMMV

What part of town will your wife be working in Ft. Worth??

Check tax rates between Tarrant County and Johnson County, I have heard it's cheaper to live in Johnson County tax wise.
    Much cheaper to insure cars out there as well.

I would check out Alvarado... it is on 35W.

Cresson is also right down the road from Cleburne and close to FW.

Of course Granbury is a bit of a further drive but its where my wife and I got married (river boat). It is a cute little town.

I live outside of Cleburne, nearer to Keene, in an unincorporated area- read 'country.' The area can be nice if you find the right spot- I found a nice spot (6 acres & pool for the typical price of a Dallas house.) The locals are more 'yocals' this far south of the Fort, but the small town feel is nice.
    There is large growth to the south of FW into Burleson. Its as bad as Arlington nowdays. I believe that Cleburne is also up-trending- population and property values.

I also have a realtor in the family (sister in law)- Cindy Kelly w/ Remax in Cleburne, if you are interested. Sorry I don't have a number.

Also, I am 20 minutes from Motorsports Ranch in Cresson. Thats the cherry on top.

If you're pressed for time on the move, my suggestion would be to find an apartment for six months somewhere in the area, move into that, then take your time to find the right house. You don't want to rush into buying the wrong house in an unfamiliar area, especially in today's market where it may be extremely difficult to sell it and find something else.

When we moved from North Richland Hills to Murphy (about 55 miles from NE Tarrant County to south Collin County), we took three months of looking and looked at over fifty homes... and I had been working on this side of town for over a year and was pretty familiar with the area. Taking the extra time to find what we wanted was worth it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA View Post
    I live outside of Cleburne, nearer to Keene, in an unincorporated area- read 'country.' The area can be nice if you find the right spot- I found a nice spot (6 acres & pool for the typical price of a Dallas house.) The locals are more 'yocals' this far south of the Fort, but the small town feel is nice.
    Here is a recent picture of joe.MIATA and his wife.

Last edited by POS Racing; 01-07-2008 at 08:47 AM.

I've got a beautiful house for sale in Mansfield that's got easy access to 360 and 287!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    If you're pressed for time on the move, my suggestion would be to find an apartment for six months somewhere in the area, move into that, then take your time to find the right house.
    Also, around Cleburne, Burleson, Joshua there are allot of Mobil Homes. Not saying that mobil homes are bad (i lived in one years ago), but they do tend to attract..........., well, you know. I would not want to buy a nice brick home within 1/2 of 200+ mobil homes.

Every home in this link is a mobil home.
    http://dfwmaps.com/index.asp?ExtentL...ional_Features

[
    Last edited by tailchaser; 01-07-2008 at 09:00 AM.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Stay away from Granbury. Growing way too fast and the traffic on 377 is terrible to Fort Worth and back. Midlothian has air quality issues. Hillsboro and Waxahatchie are nice.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Here is a recent picture of joe.MIATA and his wife.

I get that alot......jerk.
    There goes the 1st Annual MME Summer Bratwurst/ Pool Party....

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Stay away from Granbury. Growing way too fast and the traffic on 377 is terrible to Fort Worth and back.
    Way to sell the house Merv.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I've got a beautiful house for sale in Mansfield that's got easy access to 360 and 287!
    Send information. Honestly, I do not have all Zip codes (that is what we develop our territory from) and I need to live in our territory. We can discuss over PM.
    Thanks,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA View Post
    There is large growth to the south of FW into Burleson. Its as bad as Arlington nowdays. I believe that Cleburne is also up-trending- population and property values.

I also have a realtor in the family (sister in law)- Cindy Kelly w/ Remax in Cleburne, if you are interested. Sorry I don't have a number.

Also, I am 20 minutes from Motorsports Ranch in Cresson. Thats the cherry on top.

I will find her on the net. We still have a couple of months before I start my territory. I start training fairly soon.
    Thanks for the heads up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Another new west-sider! Ugh!
    Maybe I can finally participate in a GTG albeit it will be with a CX-7 (if that is OK?)

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    Maybe I can finally participate in a GTG albeit it will be with a CX-7 (if that is OK?)
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post