View Poll Results: Do you want to go to the Dallas Auto Show together?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Wednesday (4pm to 10pm).

0 0%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Thursday (4pm to 10pm).

8 61.54%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Friday (11am to 11pm).

2 15.38%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Saturday (10am to 11pm).

1 7.69%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Sunday (12noon to 8pm).

0 0%
  • Nope, I'm not going to make it this year... ya'll have fun!

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Auto Show Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    So? What's everyone's pleasure? Tomorrow's the day, and we still don't have a plan. Not that we have to have one. I'll have my cell phone with me, and assuming I can actually get some reception with my Cingular piece of crap , you could just call me when you get down to the show. Or not...
    Dude I'm going!

But 5:00 at Hooters is going to be tough to make from Ft. Worth.

Hey Altiain are you bringing you better half to the car show?

how about 6 - 6:30ish at Hooters, I have ROTC till 5.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Dude I'm going!

But 5:00 at Hooters is going to be tough to make from Ft. Worth.

Easy... I was just suggesting a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    how about 6 - 6:30ish at Hooters, I have ROTC till 5.

Chris
    6:00 at Hooters works better for me as well, I just figured everyone would want to get to the car show as early as possible. How does that fit with everyone else? And we can certainly go somewhere besides Hooters. My better half -- who is coming (thanks for asking :P ) doesn't really like Hooters. But I told her ya'll wanted to go! If there is somewhere else that that folks want to go, that's fine with me. Heck, a $14.00 hotdog at the Car Show is OK with me...

From the Poll results, we should have at least 8 Metroplex Miata people along for the fun.

My better half -- who is coming (thanks for asking :P ) doesn't really like Hooters. But I told her ya'll wanted to go! If there is somewhere else that that folks want to go, that's fine with me. Heck, a $14.00 hotdog at the Car Show is OK with me...
    Holly Cow is this a sign of the apocalypse! I didn't ask if you lovely was going to attend since normally she doesn't like being seen in public with you!

Now I have to bring IMVivid, guess I'll have to buy her some shoes!

Holly Cow is this a sign of the apocalypse! I didn't ask if you lovely was going to attend...
    Having a bad day at work?

Hey Kestrel all right you wife is going to attend the auto show. Are you going to bring the kids also or are they staying home witha babysitter?

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    Hey Kestrel all right you wife is going to attend the auto show. Are you going to bring the kids also or are they staying home witha babysitter?
    Babysitter. Annika (5 year old daughter) would be bored out of her mind after the first 30 minutes, and Ethan (6 month old son)... well, it's risky to take any 6 month old anywhere for too long.

So it'll just be Susan and I. It is kinda funny that she wants to come along. She's not that interested in cars in general, and she's not interested in ever doing any "performance driving" -- like AX or track days. But she really enjoys the Dallas Car Show for some reason. We've been every year since we got back from England.

Actually, it looks like I'm out completely. One of my lovely professors decided to dump another test on me for Friday afternoon. Why not? We've had one on three of the last four Fridays, might as well continue the trend.

Side note to Miatamaniac92 - try to avoid getting Dr. Mills for Design I, Design II, or Manufacturing if you decide to follow the ME program. He's a royal idiot.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Holly Cow is this a sign of the apocalypse! I didn't ask if you lovely was going to attend...
    Having a bad day at work?
    Why yes I am, this will be my 3rd bad day this week !

But thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Actually, it looks like I'm out completely. One of my lovely professors decided to dump another test on me for Friday afternoon. Why not? We've had one on three of the last four Fridays, might as well continue the trend.

Side note to Miatamaniac92 - try to avoid getting Dr. Mills for Design I, Design II, or Manufacturing if you decide to follow the ME program. He's a royal idiot.

Iain
    [random interjection] you're ME? I didn't know that... me too :) [/random]

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse

Iain
    Where at?
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

What is the final Time, Place to meet, and Day?

Kestrel I'm glad your wife is going to join the gang. Your like us we go to the Tarrant County Auto Show every year. It's nice to see all the new rides. But I'm going to tell your wife it was your suggestion to go to Hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    Kestrel I'm...<snip>... going to tell your wife it was your suggestion to go to Hooters.
    It won't surprise her... she knows I like their wings.

No, really. :)

I'm serious.

It's just for the wings.

Kidding aside, maybe there's a "better" option. Perhaps we should just plan to meet at the Convention Center (around the Mazda "booth"?) at 6:00pm or so. Those people who are hungry, can pick up a fabulous Convention Center hotdog. Then perhaps after we get tired of hanging out around new shiny cool cars, we can hit a restaurant/bar for some late evening refreshment.

What do you think?

What do you think?
    I think you go for more than just the wings!

I like the 6:00 ideal!

**If you are planning on going send Kestrel or myself a PM with your cell phone # and we will shoot you ours! That should help limit the lost souls!

Where exactly are we meeting?

Chris

Anybody get a hold of any discount coupons for the show??

If your planning to attend let us know so we know to look for you tonight!

Also If you are planning on going send Kestrel or myself a PM with your cell phone # and we will shoot you ours! That should help limit the lost souls!
    The List so Far :
    • Kestrel
      The Lovely Mrs. Kestrel
      POS
      IMVivid
      Miatamaniac92
    Who am I missing???

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse

Iain
    Where at?
    I'm actually done... I graduated from University of Missouri - Rolla in May '01. Very glad to be done with that whoel *school* thing.. Just wish the job market was better.. When do you graduate?

OK, here's the "final decision" (well, someone has to try to herd these cats ) :

Meet inside the convention center at the Mazda booth at 6:00pm.

You are on your own regarding dinner before the event. We may still go somewhere after the event, but we can decide that once we've been at the show for a while.

I'm looking forward to it... see you there!

Look for some familiar faces.

Some of us are meeting down there tonight. I think our plan is to meet at the Convention Center Dart Rail Station around 6pm.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast