Thread: Home Warranty Company?

Default Home Warranty Company?

Well my GF and I are about to close on our first house. The seller is paying for a year of Home Warranty.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a company?

I know the majority of warranty companies try to not cover anything. That's why I'm not really a fan of any kind of extended warranty.

Thanks,
    Chris

We have "First Ameican Home Buyers Protection"

While I have had my issues with them, they have repaired or replaced all we have had break.

I don't think there is a good one, because like all insurance, they will try and find a reason not to pay.

Being a SOB seems to work well.

That's who I have too!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I renewed my policy with American Home Shield because they did such and excellent job with my claims in the first year. The second year premium was covered by the purchase of a new double oven. I will renew again.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

AHS paid for the premium terminex service on my house when I had them The termite baiting system was the best way to go for my situation. I have not had any issues since they got rid of them.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

We had First American when we bought our house last year. I did not renew with them and would not recommend them. They wanted to patch and/or rig all my claims.

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    I renewed my policy with American Home Shield because they did such and excellent job with my claims in the first year. The second year premium was covered by the purchase of a new double oven. I will renew again.
    We also have AHS and they have done an excellent job of honoring claims. I also believe they're Dallas-based, which is always a plus IMO.

Congrats on the house.

Thanks, we should be closing this week as long as the underwriters(VA) don't drag their feet.

It's got a 2 car garage with 2 separate doors. I dunno if I'm going to like 2 doors more than one.

The next house will hopefully be a custom with alot bigger of a garage.

Thanks for all the advice on Warranties. We're still comparing them. A good recommendation goes a long way for this kind of business

Chris

Radio-Active,

How did you get AHS paid for Terminex? I also have AHS and had termite problem several years ago before I bought the AHS. I am thinking I need to check out my termite situation...not that I know/see the termite...but more of a peace of mind.

Even with AHS, they find ways not to paid. I had a electrial problem with one of the circuit in the house. They guy they sent out gave me some stupid exuse of not fixing it after taking my $50 deductable for the service call.

Gab
    Gabriel

The termite coverage was only available for the first year of the policy. I called them as soon as I saw evidence. I don't even recall paying a deductable, but the termite service paid for the full cost of the home warenty plus some. I dropped the policy after that, since I had the house in a renevation state and nothing in the house was needing to be replaced that hadn't already been replaced.

I also have American Home Shield. They are great!

Back from the dead.