Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galaxy Drive-In and more

William, it this still on? My SO and I are ready to go, even if its just crusing down I45 to get there. Thanks in advance...

Unfortunately for us it's out because our baby sitter fell through.

We will try to reschedule at a later date.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Unfortunately for us it's out because our baby sitter fell through.

We will try to reschedule at a later date.
    What? Is there a shortage of teenaged girls in your neighborhood???

Guess we'll just have to add babysitting to the list of jobs most middle class Americans don't want to do.

Nails and I are planning to go tonight. Temperature is supposed to be high 60's for late evening. Nice weather for a night at the drive-in!

Tomorrow is the Greenville Ave. St. Patrick's Day Parade...

a tradition for us! so tonight is probably better anyway!

....it's also supposed to be warmer tonight than tomorrow night.

We're going to see Nat'l Treasure & Jumper

If you want to meet up with us, contact Nails (sometimes known as Michael):
    214-994-9960

Or PM/post here and I'll tell him to check here before we head out...which will probably be around 5:30
    Last edited by cArAzzIE; 03-14-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Tell ya what...I'm going down there tomorrow anyways and will scope out some backroads for a future run. VFR750 and anyone else that might care to join us are welcome. I'll fire up the grill so bring anything you might like to throw on it. Send me a PM and we'll set up a time and location to meet tomorrow.

We go Airport Fwy past Texas Stadium to Stemmons, then Woodall Rogers over to I 45.
    Last edited by cam76034; 03-14-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Chassis Designer
    Blog Entries

My wife and I are going tonight, sent a PM to Carazzie with my cell phone number. will be leaving Frisco about 5:15 or so.

Default We're going tonite.

Sorry if this is too late a notice. We're going tonite since it will be 10 degrees warmer with wind from the south tonite than tomorrow. We're leaving Bethany and 75 in Allen at 5:45p and if we get to Ferris by 6:30-6:45 we'll take a side trip for some twisties. Otherwise we'll probably go straight to Galaxy and save the twisties for another day.

Details are on their website http://www.galaxydriveintheatre.com/

They don't allow outside food or drink, but I doubt they search your car or trunk. They are cash only. We're goin for National Treasure and Jumper unless it's too full by the time we get in. Cara suspects there will be a line.

Anyone want to meet in Ferris on the way (if there's time) can call my cell 214 994 9960.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Sorry if this is too late a notice. We're going tonite since it will be 10 degrees warmer with wind from the south tonite than tomorrow. We're leaving Bethany and 75 in Allen at 5:45p and if we get to Ferris by 6:30-6:45 we'll take a side trip for some twisties. Otherwise we'll probably go straight to Galaxy and save the twisties for another day.

Details are on their website http://www.galaxydriveintheatre.com/

They don't allow outside food or drink, but I doubt they search your car or trunk. They are cash only. We're goin for National Treasure and Jumper unless it's too full by the time we get in. Cara suspects there will be a line.

Anyone want to meet in Ferris on the way (if there's time) can call my cell 214 994 9960.
    Yep, gorgeous spring night to be outside. Wish I could go tonight.

How does April 5th or the 12th sound for trying this agiain?
    Last edited by cam76034; 03-14-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    How does April 5th or the 12th sound for trying this agiain?
    I might be able to make either one of those... I should at least have Sundays off by then.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 03-14-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Default We'll definitely go back.

Was great weather and great time.

Jeff and Sherri joined Cara and I in Allen and we slogged down 75/45 rush hour to Ferris where we made a quick run to Rockett and then Palmer. We got to the Galaxy before sunset around 7:10 and had our choice of spots to park.
    Food was good (not too greasy) and movies were good. We were at screen 1 which backs up to 45. I think we want screen 3 in future as its farthest back. Was a bit much highway noise for me to hear the speaker that well and screen 1 has a lot of headlight spill when others leave from the other screens. Still a good time and nice meeting Jeff and Sherri. BTW, you can bring stuff in with discretion but I doubt you can use a grill.

I didn't mean grilling out at the drive in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12