Thread: Rally News: RoadRally season is here!

Default Rally News: RoadRally season is here!

It's time for the first SCCA RoadRally of the year:

Explore the countryside south of Dallas and Ft Worth in the first annual
    Roads of Texas Rally! Starting after breakfast, you will get to Granbury in time for dinner. This road rally is presented by Mapsco, and you will need a copy of their latest "Roads of Texas" atlas to run the event. Many of you got this atlas in our rallies last year, but you will be able to buy one at the start in Dallas for the special price of $10.

The rally is on Saturday, February 28th, with registration at 9am at the Mapsco store at Preston Rd and Forest Lane. To see the flyer, go to http://www.texasscca.org/RoT09flyer1.pdf .

Preregistration (which saves you $$) is open at
    http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/texas...x?EventID=3790

One of our rallymasters will be out on course in his Miata....come give him some company!

Join us!
    Last edited by sccarally; 02-10-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: fix link to flyer.

Any of you guys going? I'll be there in my MSM. :)
    85 Rx-7 GSL-destroyed by a Durango
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

My wife and I will be there in our Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Cool, see ya'll there.
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

We'll be out of town...or we probably would have maybe been there...if not baby sitting...

Cone, I don't think I saw you there unless you arrived after our start time. Anyway, it was a good rally. Lots of great back roads and plenty of questions to go along with the scenery. There were only two miatas, mine and Rotarynerdettes, that I saw though three were entered according to the rallymaster. If you've not competed in one I recommend at least giving it a shot. Even if you don't like the set up, the roads along the way are worth it. :)

Next one is in April, hope to see some more miata's out there. One more and we can form up a team.
    04 MSM-mostly stock

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

We had some complications come up and we were not able to make it to the rally. We hope to be at the one in April.

We were the third Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    We had some complications come up and we were not able to make it to the rally. We hope to be at the one in April.

We were the third Miata.
    Ah, maybe next time eh.
    04 MSM-mostly stock