Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newport AR ProSolo

With the exception of the national timing system problems that were had, the MW pro was by far the best Pro I've ever attended :)

It is the PERFECT site to host a Pro Solo......I don't know why more don't do it.

And now I REALLY can't attend the AR pro for a real reason LOL lack of $$$.

I am saving up for expenses to run all 4 divs and don't have the extra $$$ left do to a Pro and a Tour.

As much as I enjoy Pro Solo, I'd rather see our Divisional series thrive :)

See everyone this weekend though :)

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    David,
    You don't even drive a "real" car. So you might as well go to a "non-real" Pro?

Sorry...... I just like picking on go-kart drivers that try to convince people not to go to an event because it's a different format!

Seriously, what makes it a "real" Pro Solo anyway?? And before you get all excited & tell me it's not a "real" Pro Solo because "there's only a single course", you didn't even try the single course format last year when attendance was low at Walnut Ridge.

I can tell you one thing, if entry numbers don't increase for the Newport event, National won't even consider a Pro in this area of the country for next year!

Then we can all stay home with David!
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer View Post
    This event isn't a real Pro Solo unfortunately I"ll probably stay home for that reason alone.
    Same here. I WILL be attending the Atlanta Pro-Solo (Double-X) and the Wendover Pro Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    Same here. I WILL be attending the Atlanta Pro-Solo (Double-X) and the Wendover Pro Solo.
    That'll help get us another pro back in the center of the country!!

Good plan!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Still looking for a car to drive

I'll consider anything, lol
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    That'll help get us another pro back in the center of the country!!

Good plan!
    I've spoken with Howard about this in person. He know our feelings about single-course events. The fact that I and others are willing to drive to Nevada and Georgia from Houston to attend dual course events while not attending the closest event that's a single course just backs up what we said in person.

As an aside, I am working on getting a fabulous lot for dual-course ProSolo in Houston.

Anyone seen any reports from the event!

Hope all our local s did well!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

http://www.scca.com/eventresults.aspx?event=12135&hub=3

Looks like some of the locals are doing very well.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Just got home. Short version, I got 3rd. Coned my first set of runs. Tried to dig out of that hole.

J-Fo won Super Stock in a borrowed Z06. Congrats!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Well done guys!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    J-Fo won Super Stock in a borrowed Z06. Congrats!

Added to exuse generator: Jeremy's just fast this weekend b/c he won a Pro Solo in a car he's never driven before.

Congrats!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Chassis Designer

Wow, good job Jeremy! Looks like you had some decent SS competition too. What happened to Alek? So many cones...
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Good job, Jeremy!

Thanks guys, it was a great event. Could've done without the sustained 40mph winds and constant "farm" smell (use your imagination).

Fun course, I felt like I could've gone faster in an RX-8 though. The course was super fast and highly transistional, not exactly the Corvettes ideal element. An Elise would be my prime choice for that course. Anyone got an open seat? I promise not to beat you..
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Hey, I won CSP!!!

Oh......yeah.....I was the only one entered in CSP. I actually finished 11th out of 15 in the "BUMP 2" class (ASP, BSP, CSP, FSP, STU, STX, SM2, FM, and BM), and two that I beat didn't show up Sunday...

Man, do I have a lot to learn...and I'm still fig'rin out my tire pressures.

Oh well - I'll see y'all in Zachary!

Ken, it was great to see you in a Mini nowadays! Always good to get more competition for GS and you've picked up that FWD pretty quickly! Jeremy, what can i say, Chris wasn't happy to lose in his own car great job in SS. rpmchris, beautiful car! don't worry about your tire pressures, GET SOME HOOSIERS! then i'll beg for a co-drive with you (btw, i worked grid and was the one that complimented your MX5)

dp

Quote Originally Posted by beagleracing View Post
    rpmchris, beautiful car! don't worry about your tire pressures, GET SOME HOOSIERS! then i'll beg for a co-drive with you (btw, i worked grid and was the one that complimented your MX5)

dp
    Yeah - the guy with the funny hat? Thanks for the kudos! I'm looking at Hoosiers for later in the season. These BFGs are wearing extremely well, considering I've run over 100 times on 'em, including 50+ runs at Mineral Wells. It may be August before I need tires, just in time for Nationals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12