Thread: Kudos to Town North Mazda

Default Kudos to Town North Mazda

Y'know, I vent loudly enough when things go wrong, I figure I ought to pipe up occasionally when things go right as well.

I just want to take a minute to recommend Town North Mazda and Service Advisor Penny Zhine. Every time I bring my car in, Penny is polite and professional. She never keeps me wondering what's going on - she's very good about calling me to let me know what the status is on my car, and she always returns my phone calls promptly.

Overall, Town North's service has been impeccable. My car has been in for warranty work on several occasions, and the only time I've had an issue with the quality of work was when the new headlights weren't properly aligned. Aside from that, they have always done a good job. They are courteous, they don't try to talk down to me, and they are constantly striving to do a better job.

Case in point - I brought my car in on Monday with a bad 2nd gear synchro. I'm picking it up today with a new transmission, three days later. By contrast, it took Hiley Mazda in Hurst over six weeks to fix my CD player.

Anyway, a big thumbs up to Town North Mazda. At least there's one dealership in the metroplex that isn't staffed by mentally challenged chimpanzees.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    staffed by mentally challenged chimpanzees.
    What do the pointy board mods have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    What do the pointy board mods have to do with it?
    Nice one!

Anyway, a big thumbs up to Town North Mazda.
    What he said. The few times the Miata went in for warranty work, they did a great job. Unlike El Dorado Mazda who sent my freshly hand-waxed car through their automatic wash when they replaced a defective CD player.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I've never used their service dept, but I do have to give a thumbs-up to Brian in the parts dept. He's really good about matching any reasonable price I bring in, and if they don't have it in stock, he'll have it to me quicker than I could get it off the Interweb.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

+1 for the Parts Dept!

I've spent a LOT of money there getting all the little parts missing off the spec project. Last go around they tossed in a set of the battery vent tubes for free.

Hell, I found THE ONE PART that is not orderable for a Miata. It's the bolt on the left side that holds the cross tube on the intake in place. It's shown in the exploded parts diagram but it's not listed with any part number. They took one off of a car that was in for service and matched it up with one from a tech's toolbox and gave it to me for the trouble of trying to order it.

Gotta love those guys.

We also bought Robin's Mazda 3 there. They were good to deal with.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Y'know, I vent loudly enough when things go wrong, I figure I ought to pipe up occasionally when things go right as well.

I just want to take a minute to recommend Town North Mazda and Service Advisor Penny Zhine. Every time I bring my car in, Penny is polite and professional. She never keeps me wondering what's going on - she's very good about calling me to let me know what the status is on my car, and she always returns my phone calls promptly.

Overall, Town North's service has been impeccable. My car has been in for warranty work on several occasions, and the only time I've had an issue with the quality of work was when the new headlights weren't properly aligned. Aside from that, they have always done a good job. They are courteous, they don't try to talk down to me, and they are constantly striving to do a better job.

Case in point - I brought my car in on Monday with a bad 2nd gear synchro. I'm picking it up today with a new transmission, three days later. By contrast, it took Hiley Mazda in Hurst over six weeks to fix my CD player.

Anyway, a big thumbs up to Town North Mazda. At least there's one dealership in the metroplex that isn't staffed by mentally challenged chimpanzees.
    Penny is great, there's another hispanic service advisor that is their resident mentally challenged chimpanzee, I forget his name. He took my car in one morning for a simple center console cover fix and headlight swap. I was assured it would be done that afternoon and he called me around 3 to tell me that it wasn't done because the tech took off early and the car was taken apart. She stepped in and made sure another tech got it done in the promised time that evening. The headlights still came back mis-aligned but not a big deal.

If you're closer to Lewisville, Denton, Carrollton I can also highly reccomend Classic's service dept in Denton. Both their service advisors are great and their techs always get it done right the first time. When I ran in for a small problem during my lunch break they always have my paperwork ready and even mail it to me if I need to get back to work. I went to Town North the first time and Classic about 5-6 times after that.

As far as their sales staff...one guy laughed at me when I walked in during the RX-8 incentives and told him I wanted to pay 7 under sticker. He said they have the best deal they've ever heard of going on etc so I moved on and bought it 10K under sticker at a dealer in San Antonio.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I've been to Town North quite a few times over the years to buy little parts for the RX-7 in a pinch. The parts counter guys have always been terrific and very helpful.
    I am the Cookie Monster, not the macaroni monster.