Thread: Motegi Traklite 2.0 & RS2s

Default Motegi Traklite 2.0 & RS2s

Looks like my apartment is now one big clearance sale or something. Jeez...

For sale:
    One (1) set of four (4) 15x7, 35mm offset Motegi Traklite 2.0 in matte black. This is what Motegi calls their Teflon finish.. Catchy, right? Each wheel has a claimed weight of 10-10.5lbs depending on your source.

As the title suggests, the tires are Hankook RS2s in 195/50-15, which are supposed to weigh about 18lbs each. This makes for a fairly light load at each corner of the car, especially compared to the K1s & Azenis I currently have outside!

I purchased these items last May, and AJ did the mount & balance of the tires, so you can be assured that it was done properly! They give no signs of shimmy on the open road. Wheels and tires saw about six months of mostly highway commuting, plus one roundtrip to & from Houston. They were removed when I sold my red '92 and have been in climate-controlled storage since last autumn.
    Neither the wheels nor the tires show any scarring, scratching, curbing or other damage. There is paint missing where the lug nuts contact the wheels, as would be expected.
    If you check out the pictures below (which are all from the same wheel, incidentally), you'll see that there's a small boatload of tread remaining on the tires.

The best current price I can find for the 2.0s is from Tirerack, which is about $963 shipped. The tires, which came from edgeracing.com, come out to $311 shipped. Do your math, and you'll find that the total new package comes to a wee bit under $1300 before any mount & balance charges.

I'm looking for $1000 picked-up for the complete set. If you have questions or would like photos of the full set together on my poorly lit patio, just let me know!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Suspension Modder

Very interested... Let me do a little research and I'll get back to you. For some reason I can't PM (I think I'm too much of a Newb), but can you please send additional pics to stevenh766 AT yahoo dot com. THANKS!
    Last edited by Stevenh; 03-13-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Nice set! I wish you were selling them last year!
    Gabriel