Thread: Solo School

Default Solo School

Nice meeting a few new faces in the DFW Miata community today. Well run school. Got to finally toss a 3rd gen around the cones as well as a Solsti. Now I really see why the C-stockers complain.

Steve E

Hey Steve,

I had a blast out there today, thank you for the instruction. Learning from a guy who owns a miniature rubber chicken was concerning at first, but you overcame my fears.

We are meeting at Einstiens at 7 tomorrow morning if you are interested.
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Hey Steve,

I had a blast out there today, thank you for the instruction. Learning from a guy who owns a miniature rubber chicken was concerning at first, but you overcame my fears.

We are meeting at Einstiens at 7 tomorrow morning if you are interested.
    Careful about the chicken. It is an internationally recognized symbol of an international motorsports and drinking organization. Miata owners are welcome but you'll have to be a few years older to belong.
    http://home.swbell.net/atrltd/

HEADQUARTERS IN KANSAS CITY, USA, WITH MEMBERS WORLDWIDE.
    "...best known for the weird beers they bring to the track." BS Levy, Road America, Sept. 1996

So, there you are, awash in "middle age" (i.e., anywhere between 40 and 100 years old). Your job bores the hell out of you, your kid has joined a French terrorist organization and your spouse/significant other treats you with all the warmth and affection normally reserved for furniture. Want to indulge in an activity that allows you to avoid the major irritation of adult behavior? All that is required is that old Limey money pit quietly leaking its bodily fluids onto your garage floor and absurd amounts of cash. That's right...go vintage racing.
    From this simple (some say simple-minded) philosophy lurched the Kansas City entity known as "Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd." Born in the Spring of 1984, this rolling unnatural act has left its oily trail on race venues all over this country. Anyone who may doubt the magnitude of dementia achieved by this group, consider this fact: a large percentage own Lotus cars. Worse yet, they drive them. In order to avoid unsightly legal action (on the insistence of one of our members who is an attorney), we will not identify specific individuals within this organization. However, ATR Ltd. would like to take this opportunity to put to rest a particularly vicious rumor. We have never recruited members from active police files, except for that one time. Honest.