Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Air Intake for M2's?

i was really looking to eliminate that accordion style piping that goes infront of the motor. any aftermarket piping i've found has just stuck an open filter there by the exhaust. while i was at it, i thought it'd be fun to design one that shortened the overall intake path...

i do like the thought of one that grabs air from the cowling below the windshield. any thoughts on wether or not this might be a bit too open to water vapor as well? we've run those water traps on the old "ice-man" intakes before with no problems, but that's more for large amounts of water, not so much vapor.
    [email protected]
    "if it can be done cheap, we can do it. if you want it done right, we'd rather do that."

Suspension Modder

Default Air Box (aftermarket)

I saw one on Ebay that looks like it goes across the front similar to the stock and is polished aluminum with a reusable cone type filter. It looks pretty trick and costs about $26.00 in "buy it now" I'm looking pretty hard at it myself, any thoughts????...Dogg
    "Never pee off the angle deck"

Default Re: Air Box (aftermarket)

Quote Originally Posted by twodoggs
    I saw one on Ebay that looks like it goes across the front similar to the stock and is polished aluminum with a reusable cone type filter. It looks pretty trick and costs about $26.00 in "buy it now" I'm looking pretty hard at it myself, any thoughts????...Dogg
    I have that one, it is the two peice version, looks good, sounds good, doesnt add power. I am either going to go back to stock or get a heat shield from goodwinracing.com

that picture is scaring me
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    that picture is scaring me

Talk to your local friendly moderator. One of them felt that picture was more appropriate than our beautiful Anna.

someone has too much free time on their hands...
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12