Thread: Quickbooks 2007 Questions

Question Quickbooks 2007 Questions

Anyone (but me) using Quickbooks 2007?

Here at the World Headquarters we e-mail invoices and purchase orders.

I can't figure out if there is a way to make a default to using a feature like Outlook has of "request a read receipt for this message." Quickbooks seems to have it's own built in e-mail. We ask all our vendors to confirm they recieved P.O.'s and most of them allways confirm.

But I got one vendor that seems to get 85% of the orders we send them. They don't seem to like to confirm orders (and oh we have asked), so at least twice a month I get to chase this vendor and the standard response is they didn't get the e-mailed P.O...... We do quite a bit of volume with them so I'd like to continue on with them, I'd just would like to be able to ensure they get 99% of the orders we send. BTW. They perfer all orders are e-mailed, since faxed orders can disapear.

Any sugestions??

TIA

I don't currently use QuickBooks, but this seems a common issue. Seems you have to pay for their "Billing Solutions" interface and then you can track mail.

http://quickbooksgroup.com/webx/foru...ase_orders/312

Also it seems that this has been added to 2008 versions of QuickBooks or allows the use of Outlook.

http://www.sleeter.com/articles/1192558999

I would get the emails addresses of a bunch of people there and copy them all on the POs. Also copy your home email. If you get it, chances are one of them did too.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmr2eater View Post
    I don't currently use QuickBooks, but this seems a common issue. Seems you have to pay for their "Billing Solutions" interface and then you can track mail.

http://quickbooksgroup.com/webx/foru...ase_orders/312

Also it seems that this has been added to 2008 versions of QuickBooks or allows the use of Outlook.

http://www.sleeter.com/articles/1192558999
    Thanks very good stuff! I don't believe we have Quickbooks Billing Solutions I'll need to do some digging. Not sure we are ready for '08 we have some old hardware and software, and I'm a cheap bastard we don't replace computers until someone lets the smoke out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I would get the emails addresses of a bunch of people there and copy them all on the POs. Also copy your home email. If you get it, chances are one of them did too.
    Also good stuff! We have tried to send to multiple contacts they requested we send it to one address, they also claim we are on the safe senders list. I'm thinking they have some mean spam software that wants to limit them receiving orders. We have always BCC ourselves on all orders to everyone.

For some reason this one vendor has been an issue, we will also be changing the way we do things here to verify they get our orders. If we could just get them to confirm orders like our other vendors we would be in a lot better shape...

I dislike having unhappy customers.

For that one client can you print a PDF and sent it using Outlook?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

If this was a customer, I would send a hard copy "courtesy" invoice in the mail. But this is one of your vendors, so aren't you their customer? Can you follow up with a verbal confirmation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    For that one client can you print a PDF and sent it using Outlook?
    Good Idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    If this was a customer, I would send a hard copy "courtesy" invoice in the mail. But this is one of your vendors, so aren't you their customer? Can you follow up with a verbal confirmation?
    Who uses mail anymore, these guys are in NY and most orders ship ASAP so no time to wait on the USPS.

We can and have called but that has also failed us...

We have revised the way we place orders to our vendors and I'm now looking for a new Cog vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I'm now looking for a new Cog vendor.
    I think that is the best answer. You are their customer and taking your business elseware is your best defense to their poor service. If they consider you a large customer and you leave, you may find promises of better confirmations and a reduced price for coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Good Idea! Who uses mail anymore, these guys are in NY and most orders ship ASAP so no time to wait on the USPS.

We can and have called but that has also failed us...

We have revised the way we place orders to our vendors and I'm now looking for a new Cog vendor.
    Sounds like the logical next step.