Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    IMO Rita and Katrina pushed the 3 dollar mark and showed the oil companies that they could get that price. Now they are sustaining it even higher and hence their profits. India and China are probably not paying 3 dollar a gallon but are paying whatever their economy can sustain. BTW, adjusting for inflation, our gas is now higher than it's ever been at 3.50 average nationally.
    Actually, I remember reading that through old-fashioned Communist style price controls gas is only $2.90 in China.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24242758/

When I started driving in 1998-1999, gas was just a shave under $1/gallon.

As for the whole "Oil companies are evil thing", I really don't care. All I care about is that at $3.60 or whatever per gallon, the price of gas is unacceptably high so I merely find ways to get around without gas. Walk to work, take DART to school, take DART to see my wife in Las Colinas for lunch on Saturdays, get my bicycle fixed, you get the idea. For me it's that simple. If the price is more than I think is fair, I don't pay. Or in the case of a "necessity" like gasoline, reduce it's use as much as possible.

This coming from a guy about to take a 2000 mile road trip (it IS necessary!)
    Last edited by MX-5EE; 04-25-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Gas prices haven't really hurt me yet, except on trips to Austin to visit friends; mainly because when I worked for the mall I only drove about 7 minutes each way. It's gonna suck when I start working for FedEx in a month or so out at Alliance Airport...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123