Thread: Got a new top!

Default Got a new top!

Finally got my leaking top replaced a few weeks ago. Went with the Robbins Sunfast canvas Streamline top. Absolutely love it! Forgot to take some pics but also put a new tranny, ACT clutch, Spec flywheel, stainless clutch line, slave cylinder, boots, and shift knob in last week!

And a few pics with the hardtop on...

90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

The top looks great! You should paint your windshield surround black to match both tops...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Canvas tops look so sharp. Very nice.

Nice!

An added bonus is that the new top will hide the new 'tranny' you are riding around with.

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Looks good... I got one of the budget tops and it's served me well for a couple of years now. I wish I could have afforded the canvas one back then
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Top looks great!
    Do I see correctly that the window doesn't zip out?

Also, somehow I never noticed that you have the euro rear garnish panel (guess the "euro spec" in your siggy should've given it away). Very nice touch!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    Top looks great!
    Do I see correctly that the window doesn't zip out?

Also, somehow I never noticed that you have the euro rear garnish panel (guess the "euro spec" in your siggy should've given it away). Very nice touch!
    Correct the top is "NC" style; it also does not have the seams along the top by the windows.

Or the side markers, flash to pass, kph speedo either!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

Nice looking NA, I used to have a set of those chaparells. You should do a front lip.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    The top looks great! You should paint your windshield surround black to match both tops...
    Good idea... like my S2000.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMClassic View Post
    Nice looking NA, I used to have a set of those chaparells. You should do a front lip.
    Soon....soon!

Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
    hmm...that may be a good idea...I have plenty of time to decide before I can afford to get her painted.

I wonder what a white canvas top would look like on a white NA? Anybody seen one?
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I agree with all the suggested mods. Clear side markers (at least in the front) would look good too.

Looking good Chris!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I agree with all the suggested mods. Clear side markers (at least in the front) would look good too.

Looking good Chris!
    Thanks, likewise! As for clear side markers....no way! I hate clear lenses with a passion, just like "Altezza" tail lights! In fact I think the US should follow suit with the EU and mandate that all turn signals (front, side and rear) be amber in colour! And side markers should also be mandatory and for good, practical reasoning too.

Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
    I don't think the s2ks are actually painted, I was reading it's a sticker, saw some mod where you could remove it so, in your case, a yellow hard top wouldn't look so ridiculous. I do agree though, a black a-pillar would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by drpeepers View Post
    I don't think the s2ks are actually painted, I was reading it's a sticker, saw some mod where you could remove it so, in your case, a yellow hard top wouldn't look so ridiculous. I do agree though, a black a-pillar would be the way to go.
    It is a sticker. However it was amazing because it did not fade.