Thread: 66k, asking $4500 on craigslist

Chassis Designer

Default 66k, asking $4500 on craigslist

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/car/745255173.html

Hey dudes and dudettes, here's an NA for anyone looking to buy! I know I've been whining about finding a deal, but I have something in store (which may or may not come through, so I'm taking a risk passing this deal over). I looked at the car today, and the exterior is a high 7 at most. He says he is selling the car for a personal friend. I actually know him as a coffee shop owner in Arlington, and I do not think he's a crook. It has the usual dents and paint chips, but mostly in on the front bumper, hood, and the trunk. You can't see them from the pics, but they are definitely there! Exterior is good from 10 feet like the pics, but not a garage queen.

- Interior is great from what I saw. There are 2 rear mounted speakers and they sounded pretty nice.
    - Engine bay looks good, hoses, brakes/clutch fluids, but coolant is almost to the low mark
    - Undercarriage looks great too. There is no rust besides the exhaust piping and no rust in the trunk. Looks to be on original shocks, but they rode very firm compared to my old car with 94k miles.

Bad:
    - Clutch is not satisfying to me. It bites well around 4-5k, but didn't a few times at lower speeds. I think it's the original. Also, going into 3rd crunched the syncros a bit, but my last car did that specifically on 3rd gear, so I have no idea. Sorry, didn't get to drive much because it was during rush hour traffic all around.
    - Rear rotors (didn't check front, doh) are a little rusted and squeaks. The rear tires (didn't check front) are bald and squealed when I took a sloowww U-turn. Ad description says new brakes, but for sure the rotors are gone (I'm not good at judging, I know it squealed).

Besides that, engine revs great and accelerated well with two passengers with a combined weight of 400 lbs. He says he has documentation for all maintenances. I know there is a few of us DFW members looking, so hurry up!
    Last edited by popopo; 07-07-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    '95R