Thread: MSR with Corvettes?

Default MSR with Corvettes?

There is an event this weekend that just opened up to any cars. Its the shorter course.

There will probably be 25 corvettes and will be split up into 2 groups, fast and slow (fast and faster?)

Question is... will it be smart to sign up in the miata???

I know i will be lagging bad in the straights but should be able to carry more speed in the corners. I am no pro, done a couple events here and there and can be competitive with evenly powered miatas.

What have y'alls experience driving there with high horsepower cars?

I have a gti with a lot more power then the miata but it probably isnt as fun to drive.

I wouldn't be concerned on the short course, there is not much straight away for them to catch you......sign up for the fast group (not the faster....) and have some fun.

IMO, there are two areas where the vettes will basically push you: the ascent into the Toilet bowl and the straight that runs parallel to the hot pit. Both are areas for HIGH HP cars. the downhill after track entry is the best place for your miata. It will be almost WOT depending on car set up. Key to the 1.3 (basically all tracks), is to make sure you are looking WAY ahead. Especially on the two 180 turns. Watch your tire temps as it has been very hot and the tires will heat up quicker and really become greasy. It was 103-ish this past Saturday with TDE. Drink lots of water. I agree with VFR750 that you should sign up with the fast group vs. faster group.
    Have fun!!
    Alan

ohh man my bad its the 1.7 course

when i said short i meant the original track they run with out the extended new part

Go for it! Embarass those vette drivers when you're on their butts in the corners.........
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Hey F_399.. I think you have a MK5 GTI and a B6 Passat Wagon?

I have seen your car on VWVortex and Vdubaddiction... I myself have had 5-6 VAG products! Welcome to the Miata world!

Rockwall, TX (Rockwall, the smallest county in Texas)

Default So!

How was it? How'd you do?
    ProntoPhil
    If it doesn't have the right "fun to crap ratio", why do it?
    www.prontophil.com

Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
    Hey F_399.. I think you have a MK5 GTI and a B6 Passat Wagon?

I have seen your car on VWVortex and Vdubaddiction... I myself have had 5-6 VAG products! Welcome to the Miata world!

VAG doesn't ryhme with Badge does it?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    VAG doesn't ryhme with Badge does it?

Chris
    No... it rhymes with a brittish cigarette.