Thread: Shaking and warm console questions

Default Shaking and warm console questions

ok well maybe more than a couple anyways so I'm going down the highway and when I get going bout 75 and up my car starts shaking how do I get better stability at higher speeds and second is the center console supposed to be really warm when I drive normally?
    the shaking dosent happen to my dads so that's why I got worried

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Warm center console = worn out shifter boots (inner and outer)

Shaking = Alignment and/or wheels out of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrx804 View Post
    ok well maybe more than a couple anyways so I'm going down the highway and when I get going bout 75 and up my car starts shaking how do I get better stability at higher speeds and second is the center console supposed to be really warm when I drive normally?
    the shaking dosent happen to my dads so that's why I got worried
    Shaking at 75 mph: Have your wheels rebalanced. This should help. If not, you may need to replace the tie rods. How many miles on the car?

Warm center console: Yep, they all do that to some degree. You can try applying some heat barrier material to the transmission tunnel, or just learn to live with it.

General life skills: Try using some punctuation now and then. It will make your posts easier to understand. When your posts are easier to understand, you're more likely to get help and a lot less likely to get flamed around here.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Awww go easy on him Altiain. At least he got a question mark in there!

Anyway, it's not like he's using words that aren't in the dictionary like "anyways".

I'm normally on my phone at work that's why its hard to put correct punctuation treo does what it wants lol.
    Anyways, I will try better, the car has 196k miles on it. I was reading on other forums that most miatas come with a type of rear brace that stablizes it, but yes the guy who had it before me put different size tires on the front than the back (larger in the back) I'm getting new tires ayways because they are all weird tread patterns. The console isn't bad but its noticeable I'm sure I do need to change all of the stuff for shifter but again this is my first miata and I'm not super mechanically inclined I know enough to get by like pull engine and put another in but to switch it up and put a V8 in place of the 1.6 couldn't do that without help if that makes sense.

First manual car as well so learning to work on clutch will be fun/intresting I already like driving one a lot.

Default "couple questions"

I thought it was odd he'd make a post with questions about couples in Miata Tech and Chat....it does say "couple questions"...