Thread: Snipe??

Default Snipe??

Hey I have now lost about a dozen EBay auctions for Cadillac Parts, I hang out at high bidder until the auction is darn near over, then I find out I lost with just seconds to go.

Is this what is referred to as sniping?

Yes it is!

It's the only way to win AND keep the costs down for eBay purchases

I only bid on items when there's less than 10 seconds left.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Try Googling for Snipe programs.
    Any recommendations??? Who do you guys use??

I don't. I usually will bid a price that I'm comfortable with and leave it at that. I'll ask my SO - she's a big eBayer and may know some of the program names.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I don't. I usually will bid a price that I'm comfortable with and leave it at that. I'll ask my SO - she's a big eBayer and may know some of the program names.
    Yea I've been doing it the same way as you, but recently I just can't seem to win.

Sucks to bid on an item, them loose to the only other bidder for that item…..

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    ...I just can't seem to win.
    You mean at eBay too!

AutoSniper

PowerSnipe

There's also AuctionSniper, BidNapper, PowerSnipe, SnipeSwipe. Good luck and let me know how it works... I may try it as well.

What happens if you are both using that?

Does it seem sort of shady to anyone else? if you want to win do it like POS sit in front of the computer all day till the time comes for the auction to end, lazy bastards!

I don't know what happens when two snipe programs are nailing the same item seeing as how I've never done it.

Lots of folks bid the way POS and I do... the traditional way. I agree, sniping drives me nuts... but rather than bitch about losing bids, this one time, I agree that if you want the item bad enough, fight fire with fire.

I use auctionsniper.com. one of the things that I like the most is that I can put in a bid and never have to watch the auction. It also keeps me from getting into a bidding war and paying more than I wanted to. I've lost a few auctions by only a few bucks, but did not pay more than I wanted to.

Paul
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm

Recommended by WBAP, and best of all, it's FREE!
    Of all the world's greatest contradictions...'British Engineering' is by far my favorite oxymoron.