Thread: Air Splitter for MSM from Track Dog

Default Air Splitter for MSM from Track Dog

I talked to Gary at Track Dog Racing today inquiring about availability of an air splitter for the MSM, however, none are available at this time. He advised a customer was bringing his car in, and he would design a template from it, but it would be a couple of weeks from now before the template would be made.
    Unfortunately, I put the first scratch on the new MSM last week while driving through a subdivision looking at new home construction, and did not notice the 12 inch wide, 5 inch deep concrete drainage ditch that suddenly appeared in the roadway as my spouse pointed to a home she wanted to look at. I hit it at about 2mph and heard the sickening crunch of metal to asphalt before I even realized what had happened. Lots of scratches under front lower valance, not visable unless you look under it, but I know it's there and it sucks. Ruined my whole day, and my wife's whole day since she felt it was her fault. The air splitter could have minimized this quite a bit in my opinion, so I'm getting one as soon as they are available. I also volunteered my car if the original guy can't make it for some reason...

Phil O.
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Wish my splitter could have saved me from the giant piece of corrugated metal the guy in front of me spat up on I-30 Saturday afternoon.

Seriously though, glad to hear Gary could help. The TDR splitters do a lot to help protect the airdam from scrapes. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Did you ever talk to Gabby about getting Stonegard for the front of the car?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I haven't yet. Does it really work? All of that stuff I have ever seen kinda yellows over time...
    OzCop
    MSM

It might yellow over time, Phil... but it would still be cheaper to replace it every three or four years than it would be to have the front end repainted.

I know this much - the next new/almost new car that I buy will get it, especially if it's a Mazda. Mazda's paint durability isn't the best I've seen, to put it nicely.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

So is this the face you make when your air dam gets scraped or is it just a bad beer day.

I just heard your former RE:Solo Marty S. just got a new Miata. I am assuming it is a MSM. OzCop you might warn him about the airdam and tell him about the solution that is in the works.

For those of you not familiar with Track Dog Racing take a peek at Gary's website : http://www.trackdogracing.com/

We have one of his splitter on our '02 and it has taken quite a bit of abuse that normally the bottom of the bumper cover would have taken!

And I recently put one on my 02 to protect the new racing stripes as they go all the way down to under the front of the bumper.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    And I recently put one on my 02 to protect the new racing stripes as they go all the way down to under the front of the bumper.

RJ
    Which we have yet to see a picture of.

You know, CarDomain.com will host your pics for free!

Or have you not read about that yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac

RJ
    Which we have yet to see a picture of.

You know, CarDomain.com will host your pics for free!

Or have you not read about that yet!
    Looked at his avatar lately?

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Yea you can see that track dog splitter clear as day.......

I still haven't washed & waxed the car...

I'm in SJC right now... will be back later this week and am hoping for a clear day on the weekend.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Yea you can see that track dog splitter clear as day.......
    Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    So is this the face you make when your air dam gets scraped or is it just a bad beer day.
    That's a bad beer face. This is what I look like when my air dam gets scraped:

And this is what I look like when I haven't got a clue:

:P
    Iain

Yep, Marty bought an MSM at the same place. Such a deal! 7K off! Beat my deal by a grand... But I should have a finders fee coming.

He's not picking it up till Friday. Taking his enclosed car trailer and picking it up, and straight to garage until the rain stops and the weather clears up...

I haven't driven mine since Friday... Leaving town Thursday, but taking it on a trailer behind the RV to Austin and Corpus, back home after TG...
    OzCop
    MSM