Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A day in the life of BB

Tell em you want a free set of Azenis or something. I wouldn't let them touch the car again.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I mean pay me what i am out and replace my broken side skirts.

they are banned from my car
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    the morons left the oil cap loose, thats what caused the oil to get into the aluminum drip rail around the engine.
    NTB is supposed to make it good taking the car down saturday to see the manager
    I thought you checked it when you got home from NTB? Back in the day when I let Firestone change my oil, I found the oil cap just laying in the engine bay next to the battery.

Well at least you just had the oil changed and not the Fuel Filter!

Good Luck dealing with this crap.

I have heard too many oil change horror stories that I won't let anyone to change the oil on any of my cars even though I may not save any money doing it.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I thought you checked it when you got home from NTB? Back in the day when I let Firestone change my oil, I found the oil cap just laying in the engine bay next to the battery.

I did check it, but since i never have removed the cap I thought it was tight, but it was a quarter turn loose it was like (-) and should have been like (l)
    at any rate the motor is clean again the leak is gone, they will never touch my car again and they are saying they will repay me for what the dealership charged which wasnt bad, but they are trying to see if I will go for a repair on my side skirts.
    That aint good enough, the parts were 2.5 days old on the car.
    so they will have to replace them with new OEM sideskirts and labor at the dealer to install them or I will call my friend who is the editor of the local paper and have him do a story them hop on down to the court house to file a small claims suit.
    99 Miata Black

I had a CJ-7 a few years ago that I took to a Jiffy Lube a week or so after I bought it. I was about to take it on a road trip, and wanted to get everything tip-top. I paid $150 to have all major fluids changed (oil, AT, transfer case, differentials). thsi was 15 years ago, so factor inflation. :)
    I drove from Kansas City to Big Bend the next morning, only it started overheating and the oil pressure dropped by the time I got to Oklahoma. I pulled it over, and found I was very low on oil. I alway carried spare fluids for off-roading, so I put in 2 quarts (!) and made it to the next town. By then, the oil was almost gone again, so I had to stop in a motel for the night and find a mechanic the next day. Long story short:
    The Jiffy Lube guys couldn't get to the transfer case fill hole easily, so he unbolted the crossmember/skidplate, which holds-up the tranny/transfer case/rear of the engine, and rested the entire weight of that assembly on the valve cover against the firewall. This pried it up, and allowed oil to spew out the back of the motor. I'm stuck 150 miles from home, in the winter, and friggin' nowhere!
    After actually getting the tech to admit he lowered the plate (he wrote it on the service reciept and charged me extra labor for it!) and a letter from my attorney, Jiffy Lube agreed to pay for a rebuild, but still took months to do it, and this was my daily driver. Never reimbursed costs to return to KC, hotel, etc. I'll never let anyone else change my oil again, no matter how tempting the conveneince.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    So these guys screwed up your car so your going to take it back so they can make it good?

Why does that sound like a bad plan.

What are they offering a free oil change?

Should be a LIFETIME of free oil changes - SOMEPLACE ELSE!

Since this is from several months ago, I started reading and thinking damn Billy did you go to that place again?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Since this is from several months ago, I started reading and thinking damn Billy did you go to that place again?

LOL, nope. Once there was enough.
    Next oil change i will be driving to Denton where I bought the car....thinking of that oil change is coming up quick.
    99 Miata Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12