Thread: MP62-friendly headers?

Default MP62-friendly header?

The only thing left to do for my exhaust is a header. I need something compatible with a future MP62 blower, but I'd prefer stainless steel. The Jackson Racing header is designed to fit under a blower, but it's ceramic coated and, I assume, not stainless. Am I putting too much emphasis on the stainless thing? Is there a stainless header that will fit under the blower? Surely some of y'all have some good experience in this area - any advice/recommendations will be much appreciated!
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-04-2008 at 10:25 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Is the JR header not stainless? It's the best option I'm aware of for a blower. I don't really know of any other option.

I had the JR header on my red '96. It made a good amount of power and is very well made. Ceramic coating is good.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Is the JR header not stainless? It's the best option I'm aware of for a blower. I don't really know of any other option.
    I dunno if it's stainless or not... but they make a big deal out of their ceramic coating vs stainless... (LINK)

I just don't want the thing to rust out... so if it's durable, I could give a rat's ass what it's made of. I guess that's what I'm getting at...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I dunno if it's stainless or not... but they make a big deal out of their ceramic coating vs stainless... (LINK)

I just don't want the thing to rust out... so if it's durable, I could give a rat's ass what it's made of. I guess that's what I'm getting at...
    It's ceramic coated steel, which is fine. The coating on the JR header is durable. Gary has at least one in stock, so you can look at it, if necessary.

Cool... I'll hit him up for a look-see and probably go that way. I take that's what he uses for his beasts?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Cool... I'll hit him up for a look-see and probably go that way. I take that's what he uses for his beasts?

Actually he has a custom one on the red one. He was going to manufacture them but having trouble finding reliable and cheap sources to make them.

Dunno durability of JR headers. Check with Gary and the pointy board.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

The only other option is to find an old Racing Beat 4-2-1 header from before they switched to the current 4-1 design. That is what i am running.

you live in texas, so you don't really need stainless...but all my stuff is stainless because I'm so baller. The ceramic coating is supposed to go a long way.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Was the BOIG one optimal for Superchargers or just NA?

But IIRC, the build quality sucked.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Ricky, since you seem to be collecting a few baller parts, like that trick console, there is another header option for you to consider...if the price is even worth the look (stateside retail is about $500 more than the typical header, plus shipping from Hotlanta to you). The AutoExe/Maxim Works header should fit under a blower. The 1.6 version definitely does. Judging by the look of the 1.8 version, seems like it would as well. I've yet to see it compared with any stateside headers, but apparently it dynos better than most anything available on the other side of the Pacific.
    Pics & info can be found in this thread.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    Ricky, since you seem to be collecting a few baller parts, like that trick console, there is another header option for you to consider...if the price is even worth the look (stateside retail is about $500 more than the typical header, plus shipping from Hotlanta to you). The AutoExe/Maxim Works header should fit under a blower.
    Well, the Trick Console is still on b/o with no delivery date in sight... booooo.

That header looks really nice and sexy... but...

Current pricing is $924 for the 1.6 and $1029 for the 1.8. Lead time is approximately 1 month.
    ...um, yikes!

I ain't that much of a baller...

I need to holler at Gary, but I think I'll just be going for the JR header... I think...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days