Thread: I'm so bored :(

Default I'm so bored :(

I've been bored with the Miata lately. So I thought I'd by a C-5 Vette, around a 2000 model or so, and keep the Miata for competition. It's just way to expensive to race a Vette. Anyway, I've been shoping and have found that the Vette isn't what I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong, they are nice, and drive well, with plenty of power, but they just don't feel quite right. I'm looking at many differant cars and nothing excites me in my price range.

So I spent some time under the hood, and took care of some minor things that restored plenty of lost power. Now my Turbo Miata is awake again. So I'm thinking I'll just get something economical for a daily beater, as I need a third car so I can spend some time working on my suspention, rear-end and tranny for next season, without worring about how I'm going to get to work. I'm looking for something that is good on gas, but isn't utterly boring..... I've been talking to the wife about a little truck, I even thoght about another Miata, but she's not on board with either, she wants a little sedan or coupe.

What to get??
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

'03-'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege. Cheap, reliable, good on gas, and a hoot to drive. One of the most entertaining front drivers I've ever driven, on the road or on the track. It handles well, comes standard with ABS (for those nasty, rainy commutes like we've had this week), a limited-slip front diff, and the mother of all AM/FM/CD/MP3 players. Has four doors and human-sized back seats, so it fits the practical side as well.

You can pick them up all day long for well under $15k with minimal mileage.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I just went to Auto Trader and looked at a few.....Ya Know, you might be on to something.

Now I've got something else to go test drive

Thanks
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Why don't you just buy my 93 Miata? Nice car..... no features, but it's a platform you're familiar with.
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTRACE
    Why don't you just buy my 93 Miata? Nice car..... no features, but it's a platform you're familiar with.
    Thanks, but not looking for another Miata. The wife wants something to drive back/forth to Dallas. She is now convinced the Miata is too small, since her little episode in my Miata last summer, and her SUV gets about 16mpg costing us $50/week for her to drive it.