Thread: Silly ricers, always causing trouble.

Default Silly ricers, always causing trouble.

Fine for stock wing???

Actually this is BS.

It sure does sound like BS.

In any case, who cares how big the wing on the back is as long as you have 2 outside mirrors!

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Disclaimer:
    If above facts and complaints are wrong the poster is not responsible for his own actions thoughts or ideas. He is also not responsible for any spelling grammar and other typographical errors. All disclaimer statements apply to the disclaimer as well. However if for parts of the post where there are no errors this disclaimer is invalid and should be considered null and void for only those parts.
    This the same guy who's turbo suddenly turned on at 12 mph???
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

that guy was probobly doing something to catch the cops eye in the first place, so take the wing off, and get it dismised, then put it back on.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

that guy was probobly doing something to catch the cops eye in the first place, so take the wing off, and get it dismised, then put it back on.
    WRONG, he was fined for a STOCK wing! The car has been DOT approved, or it would not be able to be sold in the U.S., as it would not meet U.S. Standards. I could see this if the car was a "non-U.S. designated car", but if it was sold from a U.S. Dealer as it came from the factory, then there is no legal grounds for the fine.

Not to mention that you don't need a back window with any visability as long as you have a mirror. Case in point. Look at any truck with a sleeper on the back of the cab, or any motor home, or heck a Ferrari for that matter. Here in Texas you don't even have to have a rear view mirror, as long as you have two mirrors on the car.

Just like Frankie said in "The Cannon Ball Run", "Whats behind me is not important," as he ripped out his rear view mirror.

TD

Disclaimer, I didn't read the whole post in question or the preceeding post. I'm basing my assumptions on the car being in stock format, and it being a U.S. car.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    ...as long as you have two mirrors on the car.
    All you need is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas DMV Code
    20.19 Mirror. Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such motor vehicle.

1. Inspection Procedure

a. Inspect only one mirror.

1) Exterior Rearview Mirror: From the driver’s position, visually inspect exterior mirror for a clear and reasonably unobstructed view to the rear. Look for correct location and stable mounting.

2) Interior Rearview Mirror: From the driver’s position, visually inspect interior mirror for proper mounting, location, cracks, sharp edges, and ease of adjustment.

2. Inspect for and reject if:

a. Mirror does not provide the driver with a clear view to the rear of 200 feet.

b. Vehicle is not equipped with at least one mirror.

c. Mirror offers unsafe interference with driver’s forward vision.

d. Reflective surface of mirror is cracked, broken, peeled, tarnished, or has sharp edges.

e. Mirror is not mounted securely to prevent swing or excessive vibration unless the vehicle is equipped with another mirror which meets requirements.

NOTE: An inside mirror would meet all the above requirements. If the vehicle is equipped with more than one mirror, only one, either inside or outside, needs to meet all requirements.
    And actually,
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Just like Frankie said in "The Cannon Ball Run"
    it was The Gumball Rally. It's one of my favorite movies.

Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it aside
    Franco: "The first rule of Italian driving. What's-a-behind me, does not-a-matter."

2. Inspect for and reject if:

a. Mirror does not provide the driver with a clear view to the rear of 200 feet.