Thread: Dyno Results for Pokey

Default Dyno Results for Pokey

I had Pokey on the dynojet at Red Line Performance in Arlington this morning. I wanted to see the difference between the ignition settings I use for racing(18-20 degrees advance with the Bipes ACU pulling out 6 degrees gradually starting at about 3000 rpm) and stock(timing set at 10 degrees and no Bipes ACU). I don't know how to attach the graph, so I'll describe the pertinent findings. In "race trim" Pokey posted a max HP of 118.5/max TQ of 107.2. In stock trim we got a max HP of 121/max TQ of 107.6 The max HP occured at 6500 rpm and the max TQ at 5000rpm. That doesn't show the whole picture, though. From 1900rpm to 3000rpm the "race trim" showed 10 to 12 ft/lbs more TQ than stock and then dropped to +5 ft/lb up to about 4500rpm. My conclusion is that the Bipes ACU is doing what it is suppose to do, although I may need to tweek some of the settings to get better high end performance. Probably need to pull out more timing than the 6 degrees it is currently set at, and maybe delay the onset of the reduction. It doesn't really matter, as I'm going to install a SDS efi system over the upcoming Christmas holiday.

By the way, I don't know anything about Red Line Performance except for what a Honduh guy in my office says, but I don't think I would have them work on any car of mine just based on the looks of their shop area. They do have a nice in-ground Dynojet, though!
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

is that place off of loop 12, near I30? wondering if it was the old lone star performance location.....
    [email protected]
    "if it can be done cheap, we can do it. if you want it done right, we'd rather do that."

It's off of Colorado and Cooper, just south of UTA.

They're a pretty decent shop, a friend of mine just got his Supra back from them w/ a turbo kit installed. They took their time a little, but it was an aftermarket system on a factory non-turbo car. I've heard good things from the Honda crowd about them as well.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Yeah like they always say, what is under the curve is what is important. Good low end stuff is better for autoX anyway...