Thread: Woot! I got banned from miataturbo.net!!

Default Woot! I got banned from miataturbo.net!!

What a bunch of elitest pricks. Check this out.

So I posted in their "Group Buys" forum the same info on the Garage Vary group buy that I posted here in the classifieds. Almost word-for word the same post. A couple people asked some questions about details and one person requested a photo of the parts available. I posted this photo:

I immediately got flamed by one of the moderators - "Ben" - saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    ugh, you really think that posting a picture of that thing will do anything to help you here?
    I responded pointing out that someone requested an image of the lip and eyelids and that he didn't need to be rude. Apparently that is enough to get you banned at Miataturbo.net.

So the guy who actually is coordinating this Group Buy with Rspeed went to bat for me by PM'ing Ben asking him to justify his actions. Here's the response:

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    It doesn't matter to me if you get it or not.

The owner of that car is a douche. I don't want to see anything from him, about him, or pertaining to him.

I don't appreciate it when someone signs up on the forum just to sell something. Typical MO is to simply ban and delete, but out of respect to my friends at R Speed I restrained myself. And yes, I do literally mean my friends Joe/Hector/Taylor/Sonja et all.

If you are into the South California mad title crap, this is not your forum.
    So if any of you guys are members of mturbo.net - make sure you request permission from Ben before modifying your car. If you do something to it he doesn't like - well - then you'll need to go find another forum.

Wow. And people accuse us of being heavy handed moderators.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Who said that?

Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Don't even try and pretend you're nicer than that. Now where's that douche canoe picture...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

ummmm dunno who owns the car in that picture but I think it looks good. If they made a Garage Vary lip and eyelid for the NC I'd do it.

What preytell is "South California mad title crap"?
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Good question.

Sounds like a lame situation. However, That car (Urban's on clubroadster) is a goal for what I would like my car to look like, with maybe some different wheels.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Blog Entries

That lip wouldn't last a week on my side of town but I like the look. My lip is 6" off the ground and drags on the potholes, intersections and driveways all over east Dallas.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post

Visit Club Roadster. I believe he is referring to the elaborate siggys some of the members have over there.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

congrqts on the ban, the people over there were less than helpful when I was trying to get the greddy running due to my low post count
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    congrqts on the ban, the people over there were less than helpful when I was trying to get the greddy running due to my low post count
    ya i just go to the bs and media parts

That sucks, and it seems like Ben might've been heavy handed/petty in this occasion.

But, I really like MT b/c it doesn't have all the Ricer/Drifting/Fanboy bullshit that CR has(not talking about the GV Lip, I kinda dig it)(talking about 165 tires on 8 inch wheels). I can respect that CR caters to a certain audience, MT does as well.

I also like that MT is not as willing to put up with questions that are on the FAQs and very easily found in a search (IE what is a turbo, can I use this eBay turbo kit, etc etc).

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    But, I really like MT b/c it doesn't have all the Ricer/Drifting/Fanboy bullshit that CR has(not talking about the GV Lip, I kinda dig it)(talking about 165 tires on 8 inch wheels). I can respect that CR caters to a certain audience, MT does as well.

I also like that MT is not as willing to put up with questions that are on the FAQs and very easily found in a search (IE what is a turbo, can I use this eBay turbo kit, etc etc).

Chris
    I appreciate all of the above as well. It's a shame they can be so mature in those ways and then act so childish at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    That lip wouldn't last a week on my side of town but I like the look. My lip is 6" off the ground and drags on the potholes, intersections and driveways all over east Dallas.

Man aint that the truth , I was over there recently and snagged the middle of the road...lol
    99 Miata Black

lol that's jacked up, what a prick!

That car is badass minus the wheels!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Pshh you think that's bad, I got banned from here. Sorta
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Pshh you think that's bad, I got banned from here. Sorta
    You wish. I think you were just the lucky winner in the glitch lottery when I loaded a security patch on the server.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    You wish. I think you were just the lucky winner in the glitch lottery when I loaded a security patch on the server.
    Aww I felt so lucky
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

That site has always been full of nothing but asshats anyway. I asked a question about something and got flamed for it. Then I posted up some stuff for sale and the mods thought it was okay for others to jack my thread to slam other people and when I asked everyone to keep it on topic I got a nasty pm. What a bunch of losers over there. If it don't fit their mold they think it sucks.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)