Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyo T1R or Hankook RS2 ???

I love my T1R's, but then again my car is DD and I put about 1,000 miles/month on it. They're lots of fun on the street, and they're great in the rain. Like Nails said, they took a few hundred miles to break in, but I was very happy with them at Hallett.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

My RS2s have been around for a while and through 3 sets of wheels. I say stick with the RS2s. You can't go wrong with them.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

This may be out of the question, but I switched from Azenis ST-615's to the Nitto NT-01 and never looked back. This was on a daily driven car with coilovers. The Nitto's ride is much quieter and smoother that the Azenis and they are very predictable. I normally sell a 225/45/15 for $136.00 and a 205/50/15 for $127.00. They are more expensive than the RS-II at $99.00 for a 225/45/15 and the Azenis at $84.00, but it is a very different tire.

My vote is for Rs2's....

mine are nice on the street and wow, the grip at Hallett was awesome!!!!

no problems yet

FYI my T1R's were very slick at 45 degrees on the track. Sessions were damn near over before they started to feel like they were beginning to grip and they never felt sure-footed until the latter half of the third session when the track finally started to warm today. Be careful with these summer tires in colder weather. Lotsa folks slid today.

Either choice is great. The Toyos will probably last longer and they do ride a bit smoother/quieter for daily driving. I have a set of both tires right now and the RS2's do grip better dry but the Toyos have better wet traction especially when the tread starts to get worn down.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Bringing this thread back from the dead... I finally made a decision (and found enough cash) and got some new tires. Now to find time to get them mounted.

Attached Images Attached Images

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Now to find time to get them mounted.
    Get them mounted and come out to TMS on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Get them mounted and come out to TMS on Saturday.
    Nah.. if I came out, it would be on the 14's that have good Azenis on them. But alias, I will be spending Saturday with the UV coolant die/light kit I just got in the mail and an Autozone loaner coolant system pressure tester trying to figure out my cooling issues.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Nah.. if I came out, it would be on the 14's that have good Azenis on them. But alias, I will be spending Saturday with the UV coolant die/light kit I just got in the mail and an Autozone loaner coolant system pressure tester trying to figure out my cooling issues.
    If it makes a continuous dripping sound I now know what causes that!

Can't wait see them. Those are some meat. I was just thinking of going 205/50/15's. Where did you order them?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    If it makes a continuous dripping sound I now know what causes that!
    Nope... it is sucking the overflow dry about once every 2 months (although I only drive it twice a week), and the LINK shows it is running hot to the point of cutting fuel if I get in to boost too much but it isn't hot enough to move the oem gauge past normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Can't wait see them. Those are some meat. I was just thinking of going 205/50/15's. Where did you order them?
    Searched all the usual places and when you looked at cost with shipping, Goodwin had the best price. It is the first time I have seen Goodwin beat out onlinetires.com.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12