Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mustang pictures

Blog Entries

Default 2010 Mustang pictures

Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

interesting look. I like the front end but the rear is too sloped for a mustang.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

I see hints of a 240SX.

You can put a pig in a dress, give it a manicure, and spray it with perfume... but it's still a pig. Until Ford gives this car [the] independent rear suspension [it deserves], it'll continue to handle like a pig.

In a dress.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    You can put a pig in a dress, give it a manicure, and spray it with perfume... but it's still a pig. Until Ford gives this car [the] independent rear suspension [it deserves], it'll continue to handle like a pig.

In a dress.
    Even if Ford gave the Mustang an irs, you would still have the pig part at 3500lbs+, lets not forget Mustang buyers are in to drag racing or just buy the car for image, meaning they don't want an irs or don't care.

In a dress.
    Erm... watched any Grand Am racing lately? Notice that F Stock's index jumped higher than any of the other Stock classes for '09?

The solid rear axle isn't the most sophisticated solution, but in the current Mustang it works pretty darn well. The D2C platform Mustang is light years ahead of the previous generation in terms of driving dynamics and handling. You should drive one before you knock it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    ...lets not forget Mustang buyers are in to drag racing or just buy the car for image.
    Wait... aren't you getting them confused with ricers?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Erm... watched any Grand Am racing lately? Notice that F Stock's index jumped higher than any of the other Stock classes for '09?
    Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    The solid rear axle isn't the most sophisticated solution, but in the current Mustang it works pretty darn well. The D2C platform Mustang is light years ahead of the previous generation in terms of driving dynamics and handling. You should drive one before you knock it.
    Yeah, thanks. I have noticed that a fully prepared racing Mustang can do pretty well -- they have done for years. Has little if anything to do with normal driving in a normal car, but I suppose you're just trying to convince me of how good that rear suspension is. Funny... Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche -- not to mention Mazda, Volkswagen, and even Hyundai -- haven't caught on to the superiority of the solid rear suspension, but what do they know? And we all know that autocross indexing is a perfect representation of a car's relative performance.

I have driven a Mustang recently (interesting that you'd automatically assume that I haven't) -- rented one on vacation for a week this summer. It was a nice cruiser, and for the money, it's probably not a bad value. I enjoyed the car for what it was, and I definitely agree with you that Ford has done a pretty good job with the solid rear suspension. But I keep thinking of what the car could be if Ford would step into the modern age.

YMMV
    Last edited by Kestrel; 11-21-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Sorry didn't mean to split your quote... not sure how I did that!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

"if Ford would step into the modern age."

They will once they get a slice of 25,000,000,000.00 US.

I thought Ford owned Mazda.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    They just sold more than half their stock, much of it back to Mazda. I believe this transfers control back to Mazda.

Ford owns 33% of Mazda, they are selling 20%....at least according to the article I read.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR750 View Post
    Ford owns 33% of Mazda, they are selling 20%....at least according to the article I read.
    yep... and Mazda just kicked 2 of the 3 ford guys off of the board and announced the replacement of the Ford crowned CEO with a home grown Mazda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    At one time, the Mustang WAS going to be a Mazda. The Mazda built Ford Probe was going to be a Mustang, until Mustang enthusiasts protested. I guess drag racing a front wheel drive car is even worse that drag racing one with IRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdoggie View Post
    At one time, the Mustang WAS going to be a Mazda. The Mazda built Ford Probe was going to be a Mustang, until Mustang enthusiasts protested. I guess drag racing a front wheel drive car is even worse that drag racing one with IRS.
    The Probe was a piece of crap and was never going to be able to take the place of the Mustang. And for all you guys that say the live axle can't hang, go ride in an American Iron car and then come back and report. They are good for more than just Drag Racing. Ford did it for money reasons also.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    The Probe was a piece of crap and was never going to be able to take the place of the Mustang. And for all you guys that say the live axle can't hang, go ride in an American Iron car and then come back and report. They are good for more than just Drag Racing. Ford did it for money reasons also.
    Someone didn't read prior posts. Reference...

Yeah, thanks. I have noticed that a fully prepared racing Mustang can do pretty well -- they have done for years. Has little if anything to do with normal driving in a normal car, but I suppose you're just trying to convince me of how good that rear suspension is. Funny... Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche -- not to mention Mazda, Volkswagen, and even Hyundai -- haven't caught on to the superiority of the solid rear suspension, but what do they know? And we all know that autocross indexing is a perfect representation of a car's relative performance.

YMMV

No smartass just stating the truth. Don't assume anything.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    No smartass just stating the truth. Don't assume anything.
    What am I assuming? That a mustang prepped to race can race however in stock form it's worse than a fwd civic in turns? Solid axle can only "hang" so long, after that a good suspension is a must. Not to mention on the street solid axle feels like garbage.

Any word on engines?
    I heard that the 2010 was supposed to get the new 3.7L engine from the new Mazda 6. Even if Ford is selling most of their shares, I understand that they swear that they will still collaborate on technology.

If it does get the new Mazda V6, the V6 Mustang will be getting close to the same power levels as the current V8.

From what I've heard through mags and other sources they may still have a V8 but have been talking about a turbo V6.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast