Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Canyon Rock Party, Saturday Feb 21st

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Eagles Canyon Rock Party, Saturday Feb 21st

I just got this email -

Texas Region’s first Club Race weekend at Eagles Canyon will be held in late March.

However, before we can race at ECR we are going to have a WORK DAY ROCK PARTY to clean up certain areas of the new track of the small rocks that have been exposed during the initial track construction and natural erosion. This will be a great chance to come out and see Eagles Canyon, have some fun and do a little volunteer work. ECR will be providing Pizza and Drinks for Lunch and Beer once our work is completed. Please bring a 5 gallon bucket and some work gloves if you have them, if not, we will have extras.

Here are the details below from Mike Tlanda. Please mark your calendar and we will see you there and thank you for volunteering. Robey Clark, TX Region Club Race Chair

* Date: Saturday / February 21, 2009

* Place: Eagles Canyon Raceway
    7629 N. FM 51
    Decatur, TX 76234
    940-466-9775
    www.eaglescanyon.com

* Time: 9:30 am

* Lunch will be provided and there will be beer at the end of the day

* Double SRO points will be given to all workers that participate

If you have a pick-up truck that can haul rocks or a trailer that you can bring that can haul rocks, please let me know.

Otherwise, just come out and join us for a "rock party". (Work clothes and gloves are recommended)

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Mike Tlanda
    Flag Chief - Texas Region
    214-213-4113
    [email protected]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yay unpaid manual labor
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Yeah, this doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Is free track time included in this deal at all or just free pizza and beer?
    Blah blah blah!

Default My guess is it's just beer and pizza, not laps

Yeah, it seems like they'd get a bigger response if the offered even a few free laps as "compensation" for all the manual labor...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I guess they figure that if we're used to picking up cones...

What are double SRO points? Is this credit toward track time? SRO is Standing Room Only but I don't think it applies here.

Straight out of P.T. Barnum's manual...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

I'm havin a weed party later this year.

This will be a great chance to come out and see my yard, have some fun and do a little volunteer work. I will be providing Pizza and Drinks for Lunch and Beer once our work is completed. Please bring a 5 gallon bucket and some work gloves if you have them, if not, we will have extras.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post

This will be a great chance to come out and see my yard, have some fun and do a little volunteer work. I will be providing Pizza and Drinks for Lunch and Beer once our work is completed. Please bring a 5 gallon bucket and some work gloves if you have them, if not, we will have extras.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Okay, I laughed at that one.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Suspension Modder

I wouldn't mind helping out picking up some rocks. I drive ECR a lot and anything I can do to lessen the risk of damage to my car if it goes off is all good. It would also be a good chance to do a track walk and see the runoffs at walking pace instead of when I'm spinning backwards in a cloud of dust!

BTW, is this for SCCA?
    Greg H.
    2002 Spec Miata

Lets see - - - You want me to pick up rocks all day long so I can drink for free at the end of the day. ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS!!
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

this is like how they ignore your email for a month, then tell you that "junior membership" ended last week?
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by bnordin View Post
    Lets see - - - You want me to pick up rocks all day long so I can drink for free at the end of the day. ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS!!
    So there's a difference between nuts and balls...

Nuts is when you come home stinking drunk and reeking of perfume, crawl into bed, and when your wife says "Hmmmph!" you exclaim "Baby! It was just a party. I didn't do anything!"

Balls, on the other hand... is when you come home stinking drunk and reeking of perfume, crawl into bed, and when your wife says "Hmmph!" you slap her on the ass and exclaim "You're next, fatty!"

I think they're leaning toward balls...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post

Nuts is when you come home stinking drunk and reeking of perfume, crawl into bed, and when your wife says "Hmmmph!" you exclaim "Baby! It was just a party. I didn't do anything!"

Balls, on the other hand... is when you come home stinking drunk and reeking of perfume, crawl into bed, and when your wife says "Hmmph!" you slap her on the ass and exclaim "You're next, fatty!"

"Hmmph!" is not something my wife would say under those circumstances.

This will be a great chance to come out and see my yard, have some fun and do a little volunteer work. I will be providing Pizza and Drinks for Lunch and Beer once our work is completed. Please bring a 5 gallon bucket and some rolling papers if you have them, if not, we will have extras.
    Fixed it...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Give the local Police Dept free track time for training. In return prisoners clean up the rocks to make the track safe for the officers.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post

lol
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Anyone going to this tomorrow and what the heck is double SRO points?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast