Thread: TEIN guinea pig

Default TEIN guinea pig

The pointy board asked for guinea pigs for a new shock from Tein. Adrenaline Racing said they would sell the shocks at a reduced price in exhange for feedback. I checked into it and the shocks retail for 750 and they would sell them to me for 650. That doesn't sound like much of a discount to me. Any thoughts?

If it's what you're looking for, then cheaper than retail is still cheaper than retail. Eddie at Adrenaline is an excellent vendor, and a guy who does support the community, and is always available ot answer questions. He also probably knows more about Tein & Miatas than anyone else in this country.

What Tein kit retails for $750? Is this just shocks, or an entire coilover kit?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

sounds like it's just a shock set to me?

I'm still drooling over a set of Tien Flex for my car

im perfectly happy with my tein s-tech and kyb agx combo. i dont see any need for adjustable coilovers an anyhting but a pure track, not street car, but thats my opinion. I do know where they can be installed if you do end up getting them. PM me for info.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

bah.. the install is easy, its coming up with teh $$$ that's harder

the advantage of coil overs is namely the ability to adjust ride height. Kinda hard to do with springs.

corner weights, plus the added adjustability in the shocks and the overall tunablility makes tha advantage.

true, im just lazy when it comes to that...
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride