Thread: God bless the idiots

Default God bless the idiots

Because they provide so much entertainment.

So I'm driving around earlier this afternoon, and I'm approaching a 4-way intersection. I'm going to make a right turn, so as I'm approaching the light I downshift from 4th to 2nd, blipping the throttle in the process, just like I do dozens of times a day. The young idiot in question is in the left turn lane in a late-model Mustang GT, with (I can only assume) his girlfriend riding shotgun. Apparently, he interpreted my downshifts as me revving at him (even though I was turning right and he was turning left ), so he in turn revs his engine a couple of times while looking at me. Then, as soon as the left turn light goes green, Captain Dumbass proceeds to rev the engine, dump the clutch, and attempts to drift his Mustang around the left turn, I guess to show me - and everyone else - what a badass he was. Keep in mind that he is turning onto Mid-Cities Boulevard, which is three lanes in each direction, with a concrete center median that is studded with light poles.

He makes it onto Mid-Cities, but his drift has now gotten completely away from him. He overcorrects and lifts the throttle in quick succession - bad idea. The car snap spins around clockwise, hops the curb going backwards, and slams ass first into a light pole.

I was laughing so hard that I made my right turn and then made a U-turn half a block down, so I could drive back by Captain Dumbass while laughing and pointing at his stupidity.

I have to say I found his blatant show of stupidity absolutely hilarious. And yeah, I am petty and mean-spirited like that.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

hahahahahaha thats awesome.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It's times like that that you wish you had your camera with you!

Man was just showing off my doriftoo skills, you didnt have to turn around and laugh!