Thread: WTB: open deck car trailer

Suspension Modder

Default WTB: open deck car trailer

I'm looking for a good open deck car hauler that has 18' steel deck, dove tail, tandem axle (with brakes), tie down rings, ramps, etc. Ideally looking for steel deck but would consider wood deck if the price is right. Would also consider a 16' deck if the price is right. Budget is around $1000 (a little more for an ideal trailer in great condition, less if not). Any leads appreciated. I've been watching craigslist for a while, but most have been junk, so I thought I'd see if someone has one sitting around unused that they want to turn into cash.

Thanks
    Greg H.
    2002 Spec Miata

Me thinks you are dreaming.....
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Me thinks you are dreaming.....
    I've actually seen several on Craigslist over the last few months that would meet the criteria in the $1000-1400 range. Wags picked up one (although much shorter) that is sitting in my yard, and it was pretty affordable. I may try to talk him in to selling it to me if I find some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I've actually seen several on Craigslist over the last few months that would meet the criteria in the $1000-1400 range. Wags picked up one (although much shorter) that is sitting in my yard, and it was pretty affordable. I may try to talk him in to selling it to me if I find some cash.
    Don't you work at a bank?

Blah blah blah!

I called a friend of mine who was talking of selling their BigTex 70DM. Unfortunately for you they have decided to keep it. They bought it from me and it is really a very good trailer despite its current appearance.

Greg,
    Nice meeting you on Saturday.

What about looking for a 16' trailer?

My previous Bri-mar 16' (http://www.bri-mar.com/trailerdetail...&categorysid=4) was PLENTY long enough for my Type R Integra... so long I think they measured it 16' from front to beginning of dove tail so actual length was longer.

Suspension Modder

Thanks for the input everyone. I don't think I'm dreaming, but we'll see. If someone has something that fits my criteria for a little more, I will certainly look at it. I would consider a 16' trailer and that is certainly long enough for a miata. But 18' length would be my ideal as it gives me more flexibility in the long run for hauling other cars and to add a tire rack, tool box, etc, without having to nose the car in under the rack. I pull with an F250 diesel, so I'm not concerned about weight.

David, enjoyed meeting you too! I haven't mounted tires on those wheels yet, but I just bought some Toyo R-888's that I plan to put on them.
    Greg H.
    2002 Spec Miata

paging wags!!
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    paging wags!!
    Wags's trailer is sitting in my driveway... It is only 12.5 feet long... fine for a Miata, but no where near the 16-18 that TR6 wants.

The trailer I have is 17' long by 105" wide. It has two 6000 pound axles and a tire rack. It was used to haul a Pro modifed according to the guy I bought it from. It doesn't have brakes and needs new wiring.
    I'd sell it for what I purchased it for if you're interested.

nevermind.
    Last edited by Robert; 02-06-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: changed my mind

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    The trailer I have is 17' long by 105" wide. It has two 6000 pound axles and a tire rack. It was used to haul a Pro modifed according to the guy I bought it from. It doesn't have brakes and needs new wiring.
    I'd sell it for what I purchased it for if you're interested.
    PM sent.
    Greg H.
    2002 Spec Miata

Blog Entries

Disclaimer: I know nothing about this trailer, just saw the sign in a window in Temple Tx.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (52.0 KB, 26 views)
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Suspension Modder

Found exactly the trailer I was looking for thanks to a fellow DFW miata forum member. Thanks!
    Greg H.
    2002 Spec Miata