Thread: Anyone know this car?

Default Anyone know this car?

Not supposed to post links I guess. Sorry, I've removed it.
    Last edited by MoonieGT; 02-19-2009 at 03:32 PM.

This posting has been flagged for removal

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    This posting has been flagged for removal
    I have seen that on Craigslist before!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    Not supposed to post links I guess. Sorry, I've removed it.
    no...You can post links all day long. The problem is, when I click on your link I get a craigslist page that says "This posting has been flagged for removal".

Or next time post info into thread.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Dunno why it's flagged, I see that car every day since it's parked two doors down from my office. (No idea about the history, though.)

If something is a really good deal it will almost always get flagged off.

Oh, hehe.

It was a 96 NA with 128k. Seller said it needed a new clutch and the AC needed to be recharged. Some cosmetic damage to the front of it as well...

I think I'm going to hold out for an NB for the stiffer chasis and little extra power.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Well, I just drove it. Black '96 with power windows, factory alloys and cruise... does that mean Torsen? It drives straight and rattle-free, power and brakes seem okay. No smoke on startup or throttle blips. No untoward noises except a squeal when the clutch pedal is depressed. (Is that a throwout bearing?) Pretty new glass window top.

The barndoors go up and down, but the front cosmetic damage is deep enough that you can't just swap the nose. (Although Rogue could set 'er straight.)

It didn't seem abused, just like someone's daily driver that started squealing and got bent, so they gave up on it and sold it to the current owner, who would rather drive a Prelude. Hell, for $1500 I would pick it up for a toy if I had the space... and the money...

If anyone's interested, it's usually here.

I don't know a whole lot about miatas yet, but I'm interested in this one based on price...

Can you elaborate on the front damage? My goal for the car is to drive it to work when I feel like it and to turn it in to a track toy. Over time I'd like to redo most of the suspension, add a roll bar, new intake, replace all of the exhaust. Would this car be ok for that kind of duty?