Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know this car?

Default Anyone know this car?

I can't imagine anyone around here admitting to knowing someone dumb enough to put 18" rims on a Miata!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I can't imagine anyone around here admitting to knowing someone dumb enough to put 18" rims on a Miata!
    He shoots... He scores!!!

i think ive seen it before, not many with enourmous wheels..
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Loooove the license plate: 18NCHS

Eighteen inches of loser, if you ask me.

However, I do agree that it wouldn't be a bad car if you lost the wagon wheels and that ridiculous license plate. Heck, if I bought it, I'd drive it home with no plates whatsoever - I'd rather take the chance of a ticket for no plate than face the embarrassment of driving a car with that vanity plate any distance.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

you could leave the plate and put smaller wheels, the plate could be a "decompensation" thing....
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Looks pretty darn nice!

Other than the wheels, I'd put a set of gold platted Dayton 100 spokes on it with white wall tires but that's just me! :P

Errrr...

ElDorado Mazda in McKinney?

They put the 18" Enkei rims on my 2003.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

http://miata.cardomain.com/memberpage/563884/2

I've been out of pocket so there are no new pics up yet.

RJ

You guys are a bit tough.....

7K for this car seems pretty good given the Flyin Miata turbo and all... its 5k just for the turbo system....

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Errrr...

ElDorado Mazda in McKinney?

They put the 18" Enkei rims on my 2003.
    Raymond, I think there is a difference between your 18s and these. You got a great deal on a wonderful nearly stock car. You didn't put the 18s on it, so you can be blamed for the bad judgment (un-like our e-bay pal here). Furthermore, I am sure your 18 inch rims don't ride that bad being that you are running stock suspension. It is perfectly acceptable to sacrifice a little performance for the look you want, assuming you didn't buy the car primarily for its performance.

The E-Bay injustice is completely different story. He is running a lowered, stiffer suspension with 18s. The combo must be teeth rattling. I can't understand a person that appears to have performance in mind when he spends over $10k on some of the best performance upgrades, only to take a big step backwards with 18s.

Now with all this said, you really need to try some 15s on there for a day Raymond!

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969

7K for this car seems pretty good given the Flyin Miata turbo and all... its 5k just for the turbo system....

Chris
    Don't get me wrong...7K is a great deal.... If I had 7k and more room in my garage, I would probably go take a look at it. That doesn't mean that I would keep the plate or wheels though!

Raymond, I think there is a difference between your 18s and these. You got a great deal on a wonderful nearly stock car. You didn't put the 18s on it, so you can be blamed for the bad judgment (un-like our e-bay pal here). Furthermore, I am sure your 18 inch rims don't ride that bad being that you are running stock suspension. It is perfectly acceptable to sacrifice a little performance for the look you want, assuming you didn't buy the car primarily for its performance.

The E-Bay injustice is completely different story. He is running a lowered, stiffer suspension with 18s. The combo must be teeth rattling. I can't understand a person that appears to have performance in mind when he spends over $10k on some of the best performance upgrades, only to take a big step backwards with 18s.

Now with all this said, you really need to try some 15s on there for a day Raymond!
    Thanks for da pr0pz!

I have some 15's in the garage I got from Majik... I need to get off my butt and put some Azenis on them. But that would require me to slow down some business travelling...

It's getting VERY hard to juggle work, marriage, and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969

Chris
    Don't get me wrong...7K is a great deal.... If I had 7k and more room in my garage, I would probably go take a look at it. That doesn't mean that I would keep the plate or wheels though!
    Hell, if I had 7k, I'd sell my 92 B&T and the rims off of that car and put some nice Heliums on it.

RJ

Maybe I'm just a noob, but why would he install the "TSI Turn signal intake kit" when his engine is sucking air thru that big collector over the intercooler? And how does he get it to pass a safety inspection w/o front turn signals?

I think I'll bid one it? Anyone wanna '90 Turbo
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I won

My wifes going to kill me

Forgiveness is easier to get than permission
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast