Thread: DFW: Time Trial at Mineral Wells This Saturday

Default DFW: Time Trial at Mineral Wells This Saturday

If anyone is interested I'm putting on another time trial at mineral wells this Saturday February 21st. The cost is $40 for which gets you TONS of seat time with ZERO corner working.

This is a time trial not an autocross. Think of it like a timed road course event except on a super-massive parking lot. Speeds will be higher and the course much faster and open than any autocross.

This event has a cap of less than 10 people. This gives us all a ton of seat time with 1 car on track at a time (much safer and no traffic). I only have a few spots left so if you are interested let me know asap. Previous autocross or track experience is required.

Already have plans on Saturday...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Final bump for this weekend. I do have one spot left so if you're interested contact me. We do not have any on site registration you need to contact me today if you want to come.

Also we unfortunately can't allow any spectators so if you are not racing please don't come to the site.

Wish you have told me eralier! Dam work!
    Gabriel

Thanks again to everyone that came out. Despite horrible cold and high winds I think we all had a really good time! I am always interested in hearing ideas on how to make these events better. Since everything went so well this weekend I decided to go ahead and book another date:

Texas Time Trials #4
    April 25th 2009
    Mineral Wells, Texas

More details to come soon. But I can say for sure that this event will be bigger than any I have put on before. We will likely have 2 seperate run groups, one in the morning for lower powered cars and one in the afternoon for higher powered cars. For the morning session I think we might modify the course to make it more fun for low powered cars (for instance putting an offset gate in the middle of the longest straight).