Thread: "R" PACKAGE

Default "R" PACKAGE

IS THERE A WAY OT TELL IF A CAR IS AN "R" BY THE VIN.....THERE IS A CAR OUT THERE THAT THE OWNER IS SELLING CHEAP AND I THINK IT IS AN "R" BUT DON'T THE DEALER TO KNOW THAT DUE TO PRICE.

THX,
    STEPHEN

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/5361/94.html
    R Package (New Mid-year intro): Sport suspension with Bilstein shock absorbers, rear spoiler, front air dam, rear skirt, aluminum alloy wheels and Torsen limited-slip differential (not available with automatic or other option packages).
    You can also call Mazda with the Vin number to verify it's an R.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    You can also call Mazda with the Vin number to verify it's an R.
    800-222-5500, Option 4.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Sorry about the all CAPS. I'm used to Mustang forums........nuff said.

if it it is one of those tote the note lots, i would highly recommend you taking it to a mechanic that you trust and see if it has been wrecked or anything. i have seen cars that have been poorly rewelded and dont feel them to be safe.
    good luck.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    if it it is one of those tote the note lots, I would highly recommend you taking it to a mechanic that you trust and see if it has been wrecked or anything. I have seen cars that have been poorly rewelded and dont feel them to be safe.
    good luck.
    It is a somewhat shady lot however this is his personal car. It is a 97' Dark Blue (factory), 94k, leather, and power goodies w/ HDHCDD, and fresh top for 4900.00.....sounds ok...I think. What do you guys think.
    I was going to ask but I didn't know where to post this question.

Thx for any input or help.

p.s not an "r" just spoiler and wheels.........

What's Carfax say??

What's Carfax say??
    I have not pulled it yet, but he was the only owner and has access to body shops, so even if it was in a fender bender is was probably fixed off record. Aside from that I am used to looking @ pieced together cars. As you might have read or seen, I have a Mustang.....once again...nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER
    if it it is one of those tote the note lots, I would highly recommend you taking it to a mechanic that you trust and see if it has been wrecked or anything. I have seen cars that have been poorly rewelded and dont feel them to be safe.
    good luck.
    It is a somewhat shady lot however this is his personal car. It is a 97' Dark Blue (factory), 94k, leather, and power goodies w/ HDHCDD, and fresh top for 4900.00.....sounds ok...I think. What do you guys think.

Sounds like a decent price. I'd want to take a look under it at the condition of the car, and do at least a compression test to see what sort of shape the engine is in.

Yeah, if it has leather then it isn't an R.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

It's pretty easy to tell if it's had bodywork, all the major panels have a VIN sticker on them from Japan!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What's Carfax say??
    I have not pulled it yet, but he was the only owner and has access to body shops, so even if it was in a fender bender is was probably fixed off record.
    Send a PM to TroyAndEddie on the forum. He has CarFax for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    good luck.

I really want to hear from Team Cheap Bastard and POS racing to see what a good price would be. (Since their names fit me so well) I need to go look how to put pics up and yall can tell me what you think by appearance.

Sounds like a decent price. I'd want to take a look under it at the condition of the car, and do at least a compression test to see what sort of shape the engine is in.

Yeah, if it has leather then it isn't an R.

NADA show it's woth about $6,100 trade-in, that is if it hasn't been hit!

BTW. Has Ataim taken a look at the car? What did he think of it???

NADA show it's woth about $6,100 trade-in, that is if it hasn't been hit!

BTW. Has Ataim taken a look at the car? What did he think of it???

No, not in person just pics.