Thread: Ordered the Greddy.....

Default Ordered the Greddy.....

I just ordered a greddy turbo for 91 BRG....

Hi My name is Chris..... I am a crack smoker

before long the turbo's will outnumber the n/a's
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I had been thinking of getting a Mazdaspeed, but then thought that for 3 months of Mazdaspeed payments I could have a greddy for my 91....

plus itll be faster
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

Heck I was thinking about a Vett, then I met my new Black Beast.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Good decision.

What upgrades are you doing with the install?

I recomend at the least to do the oil return to the drain pan, upgrade the bolts and studs, port polish and ceramic coat it at a local place.

I am hoping to re-install mine and eventually add the eManage and an electronic boost controller.

Let me know if you need any help on the install.

Chris

yes the stud upgrade is a must, it has been said that the hardware that comes with is sucks.
    also it may be worth it to cut the manifold flange, as well as port match and clean up the casting on the inside for better flow, and lastly, ceramic coat it.
    if you need some details etc. feel free to pm me.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

Ok.

I purchased the stock greddy turbo kit. I just got off the phone with Racing Mazda, they have the bigger downpipe in stock, so I ordered that and the test pipe, for testing purposes....

I am going to ebay the new stock Greddy downpipe and the Vortec AFPR.

I need to purchase a BEGI AFPR and 1.8 Injectors. This is all that I am doing(can afford) to do right now.... So how much to ceramic coat the dp and manifold... who can help me do the relief cuts and where do I buy the repacements studs?

And YES I accept the offers to help with the install... How long should the install take?

Thanks,
    Chris

20 hrs is about what the pointy board tells. i dont know your abilities though so 20 or less i guess.
    as far as relief cuts, a machine shop should be able to do it, i think the width is around 1/16 inch??? dont recall. and yes you must do these or it will crack. as far as coatings, ill have to ask chris, hes the one that knows all the places around that do it. and yes ceramic coating the dp would also be good.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

The place I got mine ceramic coated was at a performance shop in Downtown FW, by the Porsche Land Rover dealer. They do alot of engine/ SM stuff. Was about 75 bucks to ceramic coat it. http://www.automotivemachine.com/

I gasket matched/ semi-polished (removed casting irregularities) in the manifold with Trackdog's air grinder before I got it ceramic coat it. It took about maybe an hour and a half. Make a big cut 1/4 - 3/8 of a relief cut in between each runner. Elongate laterally each bolt hole same dimesions as above.

I also drilled a 1/8 inch hole and had the machine shop tap it, around the exit of the #3 and #4 runner. This is so you can install an EGT sensor without removing the manifold. Check with Westco to determine exact probe dimensions. You can plug it with a plug from Ace.

I would also recomend ceramic coating the turbine house hile you are getting everything else coated. All you have to do is removed the circular clamp in between the compressor and turbine housing.

You can order the stud kit from FM, or you can get the dimensions on the pointy board and go to a metric place (forget the name) by Texas Stadium (Go Cowboys!). If you buy frm them, they have a 5 buck min., get to or three sets of hardware. If your in Garland, Garland Nut and Bolt has em off Jupiter by 635?

Here is the grand pooba website for greddy mods.
    http://www.greddyturbofaqs.com/artic...41111143827155

The hardest (nerve wracking) part of the install is the engine drilling for the oil drain line. Not hard, but better to have an experienced guy do it. Gary at Trackdogracing drilled it for me and helped me do the install.

Chris

I need to purchase a BEGI AFPR and 1.8 Injectors. This is all that I am doing(can afford) to do right now.... So how much to ceramic coat the dp and manifold... who can help me do the relief cuts and where do I buy the repacements studs?
    I've got a set of 1.8 injectors I was going to put into my '90, but I've changed my mind, I'll take $45.00 for them.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

i would also reccommend sending htem off to RC Engineering to have them flowed out... i think it is just over a hundred shipped. just a precaution, lean = bad.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

Done on the $45 injectors, are you going to the techday on Sat?

Yep, I'll bring them with me