Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech day at TtT's house April 25th

Default Tech day at TtT's house April 25th 9:00 am

I ordered pads and new rotors this morning so I am committing to hosting a tech day at the house on April 25th. I have containers for fluid disposal and two floor jacks. Also have 8 jack stands available. There is room for two comfortably in the garage (3 will fit) and as many as 8 on the pad and in the driveway. Bring your own tools if you have them. I will provide the burgers, chips and soft drinks. BYOB cuz your not drinking mine. I have a deep well sink in the garage with hot and cold water and a very LARGE piece of cardboard that can be cut down to place under any cars. If you work in the garage the floor is coated so no problems with small spills there.

If you don't have any thing to accomplish on your car but would like to lend any help or expertise or just sit around and watch other peeps make mistakes, feel free to come on out. :) Start time is 9am or whenever you can make it.

NO MAJOR MOTOR WORK IS REQUESTED AT THIS TECH DAY

PM me for the address

TtT
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 04-16-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added time
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

NMC Party. WOO WOO!

Oh crap, I think my wife is flying back from California that day.

I will most likely be able to come down for this.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    I will most likely be able to come down for this.
    Your not going to TMS?

Okay, wife does not get in until 7:30 PM. I can spend most of the day heckling.

Cool.... Knowing how many are coming will help me in the planning for the burgers

I will be there with some suspension and heat gun.......Who has that fender roller again? If so may borrow it? Pretty pretty please...... I also need a spring compressor i hear people are having issues with the autozone one... Have any of yall heard this?
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/hjgl-1-1.jpg
    MONSTER TRUCK! ready to be dropped....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    Cool.... Knowing how many are coming will help me in the planning for the burgers
    Then I will post here as well. I'm going to do cam and crankshaft seals.
    John O.
    94R

For anyone who wants to do a fluid change here's a good chance to do it and not worry about disposal. I have the containers and will take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    Then I will post here as well. I'm going to do cam and crankshaft seals.
    No you aren't.

We didn't change those seals because they weren't leaking. Are you going to sit here and cheat someone else into doing an entire timing belt job on your car...PLUS cam and crank seals? That's an extra hour or two of work added to the timing belt job, if you know what you are doing, which you don't.

As observed when I did your timing belt job for you.

Get some money together and call Rogue if you really want those seals changed, but please do not inconvenience anyone else on this forum, especially on their property.

The seals aren't leaking, so I'd leave them alone, personally.

Just to clarify. Juano is inexperienced mechanically, and lacks tools. Are any of you attending this tech day willing to take responsibility for up to 10 hours of work (if done by noobs) to change these seals that don't need changing? I certainly hope not. Learn from my mistakes.
    Previously owned: 2004 Classic Red - 135,000 miles
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

wow....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post

wow....

+1 and pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by moosemonkey View Post
    I also need a spring compressor i hear people are having issues with the autozone one... Have any of yall heard this?
    We have used them plenty of times without any issues.

I am requesting that no major MOTOR work
    be done at this tech day. If you need clarification please pm me. My address will also be provided by pm. Hope you can make it.

Sincerely,

TtT

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Your not going to TMS?
    Decisions Decisions. . .
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    We have used them plenty of times without any issues.
    +2. I think I've done over two dozen suspension swaps now, and I've always used the Vatozone rentals.

Just make sure you get the strut spring compressors that look like these:

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

They sorta look like something I keep in the basement for those "special" times.....

Thanks guys! I also want to do a complete motor rebuild, throw a FM2 kit on, ACT Clutch, New synchros in my tranny, reapolster my int rewire my whole car. along with a few more minor things. i hope you guys are ready this day should be fun!
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/hjgl-1-1.jpg
    MONSTER TRUCK! ready to be dropped....

Quote Originally Posted by moosemonkey View Post
    Thanks guys! I also want to do a complete motor rebuild, throw a FM2 kit on, ACT Clutch, New synchros in my tranny, reapolster my int rewire my whole car. along with a few more minor things. i hope you guys are ready this day should be fun!
    Sure thing... NMC..

I'd love to make this tech day but can't. Will be out of town that weekend.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast