Thread: BANSHEE Miata?!

Default BANSHEE Miata?!

Okay, I was at Bone Daddy's tonight after the local RC club meeting, and one of my buddies mentioned he had seen a Miata "Banshee" in the last couple of days. I gave him a "wtf" look and said I had never heard of one, but he insisted that's what it was. I didn't really believe him so I didn't get details (I will later).

So I jumped on Google just now and found this:

http://www.monstermiata.ca/1999_monster_miata.html

On the Monster Miata website, it says a V8 powered Miata was featured on GearZ TV...

What do you get when you cross the quintessential girl's car...the Mazda Miata...with the ultimate guy's car...the Shelby Cobra??? Well, GearZ is the only place to find out as Stacey blows apart an innocent Miata to get it ready for it's conversion into a V8 powered, screamin' machine called the "Banshee"
    .....?

Anybody know anything about this? Do we have many V8 conversions in DFW?

Edit: He saw it on TV
    Last edited by MadMonkey; 10-03-2008 at 04:17 PM.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I see that nobody has replied to this, but I just bought a nice 93 Miata with the intentions of doing a 5.0 Conversion in it. I will start this Jan or Feb on the conversion and hopefully be finished in a month or so.

I bought a miata tub to do exactly that. I've had it around for about 3 years and it has only moved about 100 yards.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

GRM is a snippet on a GM LSx V8 kit from Moss.

Elvis needs a brother: http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept=115.

I've heard they are selling quite a few of these kits already. One guy even called up to say, "I'm dropping my car off in a few days for an LS3." He didn't realize there might be some planning and donor/parts acquisition involved.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    GRM is a snippet on a GM LSx V8 kit from Moss.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    Elvis needs a brother: http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept=115.

I've heard they are selling quite a few of these kits already. One guy even called up to say, "I'm dropping my car off in a few days for an LS3." He didn't realize there might be some planning and donor/parts acquisition involved.
    Yep, it was FM, not Moss.

Well a update to my above post... I finished the 5.0 miata today

Nothing like a v8 in a little bitty car...

It just sets way to dang low in the front now... only 3.5" of ground clearance...

Wow! Got some pics?

My buddy put an LS2/3 in his 99 miata. Adjusted the firewall back a little, put a tremac tranny in it and IIRC, left the torsen in the rearend. I would be haulin' as much tell down the front straight at TWS, would cross the start finish line and he would just get on the straight out of 15. He would catch me at turn 1. Said he was reaching low 140 mph. It seems to handle very well. I think he said total wieght was only an additional 150#. He sold at TWS last month when we were out there. He said he will build another one. He also designed the wiring harness for the conversion..

LS2/3? Is that the 5.3333 cylinder version?

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by svt_mx5 View Post
    Well a update to my above post... I finished the 5.0 miata today

Nothing like a v8 in a little bitty car...

It just sets way to dang low in the front now... only 3.5" of ground clearance...
    Are you going to bring it out Wed?
    I can't wait to see this beast.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    LS2/3? Is that the 5.3333 cylinder version?

LOL

I think that is all he could afford!!

Default BANSHEE Miata?!

Is Monster Miata motor vehicles video what you’re llooking for? Monster Miata V8 Conversions for the Mazda MX-5 Miata, from 250 hp to 500 hp models or Ford powered Miatas are rare to find. In fact, it is very well high-priced when it comes to buy and sell. Whether you’ve seen it on ebay co.uk or watched it on premier fantasy league, there are always motor owners who make some tweaks to their monster miata for sale.Sorry, there are no pictures of a Monster Miata. But I have posted more videos of Monster Miata after jump.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Newbie say what?
    Be nice to the computer generated response, it has feeling ya know!