Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoWeek Dec 20th, 2004! MazdaSpeed6

Default AutoWeek Dec 20th, 2004! MazdaSpeed6

Mailman left me this weeks issue of AutoWeek featuring the MazdaSpeed6! Think I may have to look at one of these when the lease is up on my OTM!

http://autoweek.com/

you've driven a Mazda6 or a Mazdaspeed 6?

MZSPD 6

276hp
    280ftlbs
    AWD
    6Spd
    2.3L Turbo, 15.8psi

Sad part... ~3600lbs.

Still looks cool.. GF wants a Mazda6... see if we can swing the Mazdaspeed one here in a year or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I've driven one... nice car.. zippy and torquey. It's not bad for a front wheel drive car.
    The Mazdaspeed6 is 4wd!
    POWERTRAIN: 2.3-liter, 274-hp, 280-lb-ft turbocharged I4; awd, six-speed manual

direct injection too... That's kinda unusual!

It's also good to know a nice starting power for turbo power.. Seeing as this is *supposed* to be the same basic motor as in the NC miata

ill take mine a 5 door.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I want an AWD MS6 Wagon!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I'd like to archive this thread until some of you kids grow up and find a minivan or station wagon sitting in your driveway some morning with cereal bits in the seat and an antique piece of furniture in the cargo area
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I'd like to archive this thread until some of you kids grow up and find a minivan or station wagon sitting in your driveway some morning with cereal bits in the seat and an antique piece of furniture in the cargo area
    Oh my... you have seen in my garage!

I have been looking around, and found that MazdaSpeed sells a large selection of parts for the wife's MPV. I guess Minivan Tuning is big in Japan. Any idea how I can convince her that her van needs the MazdaSpeed exhaust and stiffer lowering springs?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Oh my... you have seen in my garage!
    LOL!

Yea geez my kid has almost quit leaving cereal bits in the seat of my official suburban issue SUV!

I want to ditch the SUV for something more responsible like a 300hp 4wd sedan.

Heck with the car will that motor fit in a Miata?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I want to ditch the SUV for something more responsible like a 300hp 4wd sedan.
    Nothing is more responsible than this car... in order to sell it to the SO, quote Pirelli -
    Power is nothing without control
    And then do the math... "Honey, see 300hp = power and AWD = control... see, I am being responsible!"

Let me know if it works...

Heck with RESPONSIBLE........my order went in YESTERDAY! This is, essentially, the best of my MazdaSpeed Protege and Shelley's Mazda6 S, both of which have been great cars. Add to that another 50HP, AWD, 6-speed, and even more rigidity, and it will be awesome :) I can't wait!

Although my order was not the first one, it was the first one in the Gulf Region that has a "SOLD" notation on it and a priority code of 001. Thanks Freeman Mazda!

BTW, if anyone wants a MazdaSpeed Miata, Freeman has a bunch of the red ones...... Ask for Wayne and tell him Merv sent ya (I gotta pay for the new toy somehow!)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Congratulations Merv - I hope you have a blast with it.

Still, I can't help wondering how well this car is going to stack up against the new Subaru Legacy GT. It's got more power (on paper, at least), but it also weighs a lot more (like 400 pounds more), and has a less flexible AWD system.

But hey - it's great to have so many choices for the enthusiast driver!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    BTW, if anyone wants a MazdaSpeed Miata, Freeman has a bunch of the red ones...... Ask for Wayne and tell him Merv sent ya (I gotta pay for the new toy somehow!)
    Which Freeman? Irving or Hurst

Irving......
    Hurst is now owned by Hiley
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Irving......
    Hurst is now owned by Hiley
    Oh yea I forgot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast