Thread: Coin and Cup holder

Default Coin and Cup holder

So where can we find that coin/cup holder that Gabriel had in his car... I need two...

Chris

He made them himself.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Here's my custom cup holder.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

No you guys should have seen Gab's setup it was cool and took the space of a DIN under the radio in his '99!

Hey Gab do you have any pictures of your setup!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    No you guys should have seen Gab's setup it was cool and took the space of a DIN under the radio in his '99!

Hey Gab do you have any pictures of your setup!
    THIS?
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Nope!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Nope!
    Are you sure? I think that's what he had, or something very similiar.

Looks something like the cupholders out of my VW... probably the most useless cupholder I've seen in my life. Either the Germans don't believe a driver should have any liquids or it was one hell of an after-thought.

Do you know if it is secured via the back of the aparatus to the center console?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Do you know if it is secured via the back of the aparatus to the center console?
    Nah it was similar to the one on the E-Bay auction, it fit on one of the DIN's on the dash, and since the NB have the HVAC controls below the radio looks like it would be a better alternative to the cup holder in the center console. Plus it has a cool change drawer.

it would be a better alternative to the cup holder in the center console.
    Not that it matters to me, but wouldn't having a cup holder in the center console get in the way of shifting? And when I say center console, I mean the one that lives over the tranny hump. I have to imagine that it gets pretty damned inconvenient.

Just got this.

You can get them at Auto Zone for $5. Fiance says it doesn't intrude on her space either.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    it would be a better alternative to the cup holder in the center console.
    Not that it matters to me, but wouldn't having a cup holder in the center console get in the way of shifting? And when I say center console, I mean the one that lives over the tranny hump. I have to imagine that it gets pretty damned inconvenient.
    Yes, it does. In fact, the NB cupholders are bloody worthless, for that very reason.

While the ones that gabkwong had would probably block the HVAC controls while you had a cup in there, you'd still be able to actually use the shifter. I don't know about you, but I tend to shift more often during the average drive than I fiddle with my a/c controls.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    ...I don't know about you, but I tend to shift more often during the average drive than I fiddle with my a/c controls.
    Shifting is for losers... so says this guy.

The coin/cup holder was made by my kid for the Miata and RX7. Actually he sold a couple on Ebay this Summer. He still has a few left. He can give you all a deal of $15 a piece, and $25 for 2. I think it cost him over $10 to make one.

It fits into the single din opening under the radio with an OEM look. It does not get into the way of shifting, but don't try it in autocross! On second thought I may pay you to put in and use it in autocross :P

I will get a pic up later this week. Please PM me if you are interested.

Gab

early 90's ford tauruses have a nice din cupholder, i put one in my last car, got it for 5 bucks.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride