Thread: Airline mechanics who can't read English

Default Airline mechanics who can't read English

Last week I had a flight on one of the RJ's (regional jets) to Knoxville. As we taxied out to the runway, I could hear a squeaking noise underneath me on every bump, kind of like when an ice chest starts rubbing against something in the backseat on a long road trip. Sitting over the wing in lucky seat 13A, I actually wondered if all the nuts and bolts that hold it on the aircraft were good and tight during the turbulent flight. I'm glad I didn't read this article beforehand.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.7a4a7d4.html

I blame Merv.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

You do not have to be a licensed A&P aircraft mechanic to work in a repair facility. More over, the government decided to make aircraft mechanics "unskilled laborers" because the airlines whined about the high wages that aircraft mechanics were making back in the days before de-regulation. Average wages for Airlines back 10 years ago was $15/hr and les than that at most other repair facilities. Most of the places where they repair the planes costs more to live than the Dallas area. St Louis, New York City, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago to name a few.

All of the people I worked with in Aircraft knew how to speak read and write English. Even those from the Philipines, Africa and Louisiana.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica